Hip Fractures

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Does the ked manual indicate use for hip and pelvic fractures? What type of liability would you e exposed to using a device outside it's intended purpose

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Does the ked manual indicate use for hip and pelvic fractures? What type of liability would you e exposed to using a device outside it's intended purpose

Considering a pillow splint is useful in hip fractures?

Edit: and pelvic fractures are easily reduced with a bed sheet.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
In theory the use of a pneumatic antishock garment is called for.. in actuality I've never seen one .. has anyone ever used that crazy looking sleeping bag?
The PASG? I have seen it used...13 years ago... and nobody remembered how to take it off. I was certified how to put 'em on about 12 years ago. We were also told about how to remove them once they'd been put on. They weren't exactly in common use at that time anymore but we still had to learn how to work with them. :blink:

Moshi

Forum Probie
OK I get the instructions on how to do it but I would really appreciate a picture of it.
It's hard for me to visualize how it looks.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
I often use the sheet splint trick or sometimes don't depending on the patient's level of comfort etc. I've been to some broken hips (neck of femur fractures :lol:) where the patient was virtually pain free except on movement. Splinting is probably a good idea considering how bumpy our van ambulances are.