Hi guys

lazeeyemt

Forum Ride Along
Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself =D. I'm unemployed and cant find a job lazeeyemt! I'm glad to be joining the forums!

lazeey

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

lazeeyemt

Forum Ride Along
Sounds good. I'll be sitting in a chair for a while it seems; the job hunt isn't going so well here in the SF bay area. :sad:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Ahh, I know the feeling. It's the same way in Michigan.

Are you thinking of heading to medic school?

sepsis

Forum Ride Along
I'm new also. Already over this swine flu bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:. Keep getting conflicting S&S's about it. Had a Pt present the other night at 107 c associated respiatory distress and didnt even want to touch her ... now CDC is saying fevers can be "low grade" so htf are we supposed to know how to approach? Wasnt really concerned much with it originally but I'm in cali and more and more cases are arising so i figured these forums to be a better bet... some type of field dialogue about how to deal/mitigate the situation

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Just maintain good BSI. And if in doubt... throw a mask on yourself and the patient.

OP
OP
L

lazeeyemt

Forum Ride Along
Medic school is definitely a possibility. Although my first priority is trying to get hired on as a basic lol. I'm a full time student, so I'll have to decide whether I want to attend medic school after a few months of working as a basic first. Either way for the medic school I would want to attend, they require 6 months minimum prior experience as a basic; so I NEED WORK that apparently doesn't exist here haha. How is your medic school going for you Hotelco?

Lazeey

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
It's going great, but I'm ready to be done and get on the road. Next week is the halfway point for the medic program.

sepsis

Forum Ride Along
2 so far as I know. Dude rolled into Long Beach Memorial a couple days back and since expired. Indio shut down an entire school because an outbreak and "our girl" is still being ruled out. They admitted her under suspected swine/septic shock so time will tell. I think the confirmations are coming back in roughly 48 hours time

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Just maintain good BSI. And if in doubt... throw a mask on yourself and the patient.

Can it be the N-95 mask with the little filter on the front with a drawing of a little piggy nose on it? j/k :p

Was practicing my skills at school and one of the instructors was walking around with one on.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, I'd rather be safe and LOOK like a fool, than to be unsafe and BE a fool.

sepsis

Forum Ride Along
the :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty part is this: 2 rapid swabs are done and until confirmed suspected pts are to be isolated as droplet procaution. if after the 48 hour window theyre confirmed then isolation changes to airborn... anyone else see that cdc logic as *** backwards?

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Just a tad. But as long as we take all appropriate measures to protect ourselves and isolate the patient, that's really all we can do. What the hospital does is their business (Just try not to go back to that hospital that day. haha).