Hello!

Dakarai

Forum Ride Along
hello,

My name is Marie Burne and i live in Islay Alberta near Lloydminster. Last october i joined our volenteer Fire Department and have done a a few of my courses and am looking forwards to completing the rest.

I am living with the fire cheif and his wife (mother of my future husband, who does not live with us) while our new home is being built. As a volenteer fire department we do alot of medical calls and as a result i am really looking into getting my EMR and EMT.

I'm getting mixed results from people, many saying the wages arn't worth it while your responsible for someones life and you can go work at tim hortens for the same wage and have no responsiblity. To me, Making coffee for a living doesn't compare to trying to save someone's life weather or not your able to save them, at least your making the effort. but i would like to know if anyone has the information, what does vermilion Alberta, or Lloydminster pay thier EMT's? I'm just waiting until the next course become's available at the Fire training center in Vermilion before taking my EMR.

thank you!!

Marie

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
i have no idea where you are but in new jersey im making 13per hour with a transport/emergency company. and i volunteer on my town rescue squad.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Welcome. Just one piece of advice if you do EMS for the money you won't last. Yes it is a job but it is not like any other job out there. Do it because you like people you'll find a way to survive. In the rural areas of west Texas Basics are now getting $14 hour, Intermediates $16, Paramedics $18, and cost of living is low.

Last edited by a moderator: