Have a dui, thinking of being an EMT..will that

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
There is a difference between getting totally hammered and driving and having a couple more than you should have and then driving home. I am not saying it is right, or that it is ok, but I am sure many of you have done it. When people are young they make mistakes, saying that it makes them a bad person is ridiculous. He got a DUI not a DWI, so he wasn't too overly intoxicated. I agree with the guy who said some of you need to get off your high horse.

Even one beer will lower your driving abilities (which is something that any one who consumes alcohol & has a driver's license should know). When I was young(er) I drank a lot -- but the difference is I never put myself in a situation where I would be selfishly driving afterwards, regardless of how much I was drinking. I always had a DD, enough money to pay for a cab, or arrangements to stay at a friend's house. People who use mind-altering substances without that basic consideration for making sure they don't needlessly kill someone else are bad people, even if they "only" have a couple more than they should. There's no way to justify it. My youthful indiscretions never put anyone's life in danger.