Has anyone polled EMS about the following?

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
Along those lines, my service looked into ages & retetion rates. Interestingly they found if a person joined between the ages of 18-212, they stayed 3 years, 18-25, 5 years, 25-35 8 years, but 35+ they were lifers, should we, as a profession be targeting some of our older population to get stability in the profession?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Along those lines, my service looked into ages & retetion rates. Interestingly they found if a person joined between the ages of 18-212, they stayed 3 years, 18-25, 5 years, 25-35 8 years, but 35+ they were lifers, should we, as a profession be targeting some of our older population to get stability in the profession?

Did you get many applying at age 212?

medic417

The Truth Provider

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member
1. Average age of coworkers? (Better yet, graph it by age and numbers).
2. Are you divorced?
3. Do you use recreational chemicals, or use caffeine or other legal chemicals for pharmaceutic effect daily?
4. How often a week do you wake up feeling as though you are not rested?

And, finally,

5. Do you find you are begining to relate more to Nicholas Cage ("Bringing Out The Dead") than "Johnny and Roy" ("EMERGENCY!").

Have a happy new year!!;)

1. 30ish +
2. Never married but recently bronken-up (very :sad:)
3. Coffee (Black) 2 to 3 big cups per shift
4. Maybe once a week
5. Cage...sometimes

Dobo

Forum Lieutenant
30ish
never married - came close once then I found out she was a crazy, had I found out a few months earlier I could have saved $2300 on a damned ring... BTW I have a ring for sale LOL
no caffeine, no alcohol, no drugs (exercise keeps me going)....but I do smoke, stupid mistake I made when I was 14 and am still paying for it
I make a point of getting enough sleep, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't

Last edited by a moderator: