Has anyone had any good experiences using study apps for help passing the NREMT?

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
I took my NREMT and failed on my first attempt so it was back to studying hardcore...Along with reading a couple study guides as well as my text book, I've downloaded some apps to use as study/practice tools. Currently I've been using EMT Review plus, EMT Study, EMTutor and EMT academy.
I figured they are just like using flashcards and practice tests online.
But I was just curious if anyone had used any of these and if so what was your experiences with them come test day.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Currently I've been using EMT Review plus, EMT Study, EMTutor and EMT academy.
I figured they are just like using flashcards and practice tests online.

Can't say anything about the ones you mentioned, but try just going over the chapter reviews in your textbook. For the most part, it offers a very concise summary of a chapter, with practice questions included at the end. Assuming and you did fairly well during your class, and remember most of it, the chapter review & practice questions is all it takes. Additionally, if you're looking for flashcards, try quizlet.com. On the side note, NREMT were supposed to tell you what fields of study to focus on (based on the test questions you missed). Good luck !

OP
OP
ChrisC5928

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
Can't say anything about the ones you mentioned, but try just going over the chapter reviews in your textbook. For the most part, it offers a very concise summary of a chapter, with practice questions included at the end. Assuming and you did fairly well during your class, and remember most of it, the chapter review & practice questions is all it takes. Additionally, if you're looking for flashcards, try quizlet.com. On the side note, NREMT were supposed to tell you what fields of study to focus on (based on the test questions you missed). Good luck !
Thank I've been using text books and workbooks as well as the limmer apps
They seem to be helpful I've been passing all practice tests and quizzes so I feel good about my second time around taking the test.
Thanks again!

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Just one more thing - the most common mistake that people make on EMT tests is overthinking the scenarios. Even if you're 100% on the material you can still fail and it happens quite often. Make sure to remember your scope of practice and you'll be fine.

Last edited: