HART Medical EMS & Anyone work race track ems?

Hockey

Quackers
Anyone involved or have any information on HART Medical EMS? They do a lot of the special events in Detroit and from the sounds of what I've heard, is a pretty awesome job for some extra cash. http://www.hartmedicalems.com/

Also, I've seen some ads for weekend help at the local speedway. I remember when I was involved with fire rescue, a lot of the guys would go out and volunteer there time out there and had a blast. Anyone here involved with a racetrack? Fun? Anything decent?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The IFT company I worked for occasionally did standbys at the local track. Was a lot of fun. But then again, I race motorcycles, so getting paid to watch them race is always a fun thing

Buzz

Forum Captain
Never heard of them... which is interesting because I've been to some of the places they advertise working at.

The company I work for did a standby for a drifting exhibition at Ford HQ this past summer. That was the coolest event I'd ever worked. Not quite racing, but still automotive related. Basically, the biggest perk of it is being able to watch the events and check things out until such time that you are needed. Always thought it would be cool to do standby at a local speedway, but working where I do, I'll never have that chance.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've heard of and seen Hart Medical, but don't know anyone that has worked there. I wouldn't think it would be great full time job, but if you can get the hours it may be nice as a part time job.

firespec35

Forum Probie
Hockey 9019,

I work for Hart Medical. Hart is mostly a part time gig for our people. We do standbys at most of the major events in the city outside of the major sports arenas. I just got done this weekend working the "Big Dance" on the riverfront and we also covered Hoop City at Cobo Hall. Summers are definately busier than winter. During summer we do the festivals at hart plaza including The Downtown Hoedown, The Techno festival (Whatever they are calling it this year), We do City Fest over in the New Center area, We do Warped Tour in front of Comerica Park, We were at the Rothbury festival last year. I love the job. If you or anyone else here has any questions about Hart Medical you can Email me at firespec35@aol.com

firespec35

Forum Probie
I forgot some of the great stuff we do. The Auto show, Autorama, the boat show and various other events at Cobo Hall. We did the Red Bull Air Races last year. The venue I work the most is The Fillmore Detroit. We used to have a dragstrip in the 90's that was a blast but there are condos there now.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Here in Fort Smith we have annual snowcross races it's a two day event. Last year we were at trackside this year we were in the centre of the track it was fun nothing major this year.