Happy Halloween!!

EMSrush

Forum Captain
Happy Halloween everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a safe one! Any spooky calls or funny Halloween "re-calls"?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It has been a great Halloween so far for me. I am not working. It is just after 20:00 and not a single trick or treater. My wife is at work and I am watching horror movies.(I don't get to watch them that often as my wife hates them) I think it is time to crack open a shipyard pumpkinhead

OP
OP
E

EMSrush

Forum Captain
If you have no trick or treaters, then you'll have to find something to do with the candy...! I'm off too, we've gone through three large bags of candy so far....

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
My wife and guests ate it all prior to today. If anyone had shown up they would have gotten nutrigrain bars or a packet of instant oatmeal.

hoop762

Forum Crew Member
It has been a great Halloween so far for me. I am not working. It is just after 20:00 and not a single trick or treater. My wife is at work and I am watching horror movies.(I don't get to watch them that often as my wife hates them) I think it is time to crack open a shipyard pumpkinhead

Hope you enjoy it. If I weren't working tonite I'd be sippin' pumpkinhead as well. Its one of my favs.

Nothing crazy so far, but the night is young. Hope you all have a safe night out there.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
When my son turned thirteen and he announced it was his last trick or treat, I took him and his buddy trick or treating.There was a low layer of clouds, a full moon, and a T-39 from Mather AFB was flying back and forth, weaving above and below the layer. I told them about the spooky calls I had and they were very quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Forum Captain
Im off tonight as well. No trick or treaters either. We live kinda far out of town. Its movie night and laundry haha. Just preparing for the n/v headache calls that will butt rape us tomorrow.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, I had a few trick or treaters at work earlier, and I was just sitting out in the bay with my partner waiting for more, but now we've been moved up. :( The few I did get though, made my night.

That being said, I haven't ran a single call since 0700...it's a bit suspicious.

OP
OP
E

EMSrush

Forum Captain
Nutrigrain bars and oatmeal packets? You would have had some serious eggs to go with that breakfast!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'd been down with a nutrigrain bar! I love those things. When I was growing up we had a dentist for a neighbor and he always passed out travel sized toothpaste tubes and awesome toothbrushes. I think they are awesome now but at 12 years old I was not happy being handed a toothbrush and toothpaste on the night that everyone is supposed to give me candy!

Worked all night, only one person in costume. Pretty standard night as far as call volume goes. Did bag checks with my third rider and did scenarios and med math/drawing up practice with all the medications in my bag that I had to replace due to imminent expiration. One question, how the heck do needle thoracentesis kits expire because both of mine did this month along with my NTI kit....

Our big night was Saturday with one of the biggest pub crawls of the year. All I will say is we transported 13 patients in 12 hours. That doesn't include any AMAs or unsigned RMAs from drunko mcgee getting woken up by my beautiful face and running away before the cops got there. "Where'd he go?" "He ran off that way." "Why didn't you stop him?" "Do I look like a cop? Not my job, he's up and walking he's fine." "What'd he look like?" "Dressed like a zombie, walked with an unsteady gait." "Thanks man, you just described all the 30,000 people that are out doing the Zombie Crawl tonight..." "Just doing my part ;) Unless you need anything else from me we have pending 911s and I need to go back in service." "Fine, we better not find that guy later." "I always go out of my way to help you man and take people that are a PD problem not an EMS problem, stop being so damn negative and enjoy the night and the sights."