Guilty Pleasures

Sasha

Forum Chief
Who said anything about UNDERAGE drinking? No one is admitting to anything here.

Pot is illegal in most states and in every state if it's not prescribed, and you listed that as one of your examples. Also many of our posters are under the age of 21 for them to post that they drink would be admitting to underaged drinking. While you didn't specifically list it, it's possible.

It was a forewarning, nothing more, as some people don't see the danger of admitting to something online.

MY guilty pleasure is watching wife swap. It's trashy and I shouldn't watch but I just love it.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
MY guilty pleasure is watching wife swap. It's trashy and I shouldn't watch but I just love it.

I feel the same about Jersey Shore. But I think that means my guilty pleasure is schadenfreude.

spiffy

Forum Probie
Good point Sasha. I shouldn't be on here when I'm as tired as I was last night, lol. Sorry about that, I don't really even remember writing that. But you make a very valid point.

harkj

Forum Crew Member
Aggravating my girlfriend... example: When shes in the shower I go to the kitchen sink wait a few minutes then turn on only the hot water wait 10 secs...*SCREAM*... then run and hide before the wrath of her anger gets me. As she would say never a dull moment.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
I've noticed the same thing. I suspect it's a combination of immaturity and not knowing how to handle stress in other ways.

Personally, I read bad novels and roam the internet...

I'm no behavioral science major but, I suspect it's because of the concentration of A-Type personalities drawn into high stress careers.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Aggravating my girlfriend... example: When shes in the shower I go to the kitchen sink wait a few minutes then turn on only the hot water wait 10 secs...*SCREAM*... then run and hide before the wrath of her anger gets me. As she would say never a dull moment.
hahhahahaha. see I would do that, but payback is a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

and I think my guilty pleasure would be hookers. none of those high class ones, I mean the street walking crack-:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: ones. always makes me feel better, as I could be in a worse position :p

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
Love Dark Choclate. Also love Rum with Black Cherry Soda - tastes like Dr. Pepper. When one works the overnight shift, one doesn't have alot of time to cause trouble. Back in my longer days I partied hard, but that is few and far between now. Too many radio cars out there to pull you over. I'd rather get blitzed at home.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
and I think my guilty pleasure would be hookers. none of those high class ones, I mean the street walking crack-:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: ones. always makes me feel better, as I could be in a worse position :p

I really miss working nights (not really, but some of the fun that could be had) in Atlantic City, and driving around, calling out hooker, tranny, pissed off wife, u/c cop, etc when we saw them while driving down Pacific Ave.

Ahhh the suburbs just aint that much fun......:sad:

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I really miss working nights (not really, but some of the fun that could be had) in Atlantic City, and driving around, calling out hooker, tranny, pissed off wife, u/c cop, etc when we saw them while driving down Pacific Ave.

Ahhh the suburbs just aint that much fun......:sad:

It certainly beats screaming our "DEEEEEEEEERRRR" when you see a 10 point jump out in front of you while responding l/s to a call at 3 a.m., all while trying to push back as hard as possible with your feet against the floorboards (why do we always do this??). Certainly turns the call from "routine" to "memorable". (By the way, we missed him, but only by a hairsbreadth).

Sasha

Forum Chief
It certainly beats screaming our "DEEEEEEEEERRRR" when you see a 10 point jump out in front of you while responding l/s to a call at 3 a.m., all while trying to push back as hard as possible with your feet against the floorboards (why do we always do this??). Certainly turns the call from "routine" to "memorable". (By the way, we missed him, but only by a hairsbreadth).

Not to go off topic, but that reminded me. We hit our first animal not too long ago, a bird commited suicide into our windshield. I was so upset I made my partner pull over and clean it off and there were bird parts in the lightbar.

Don't ask how we managed to hit a bird, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Porkchop

Forum Crew Member
Not to go off topic, but that reminded me. We hit our first animal not too long ago, a bird commited suicide into our windshield. I was so upset I made my partner pull over and clean it off and there were bird parts in the lightbar.

Don't ask how we managed to hit a bird, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I managed to do that a while ago (not in an ambulance though, just a regular car). I laughed and kept driving, and my little sister got mad at me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My guilty pleasure is "Grey's Anatomy" (every once in a while) and "Trauma." :ph34r:

Go ahead. Judge me! :p

Mine as well. Although I do drink socially when out with friends (read: Not get completely hammered) and smoke cigars

I would say books and video games, but those are things I do all the time, so they dont count as guilty pleasure

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Suicidal deer are really common in my area. On one memorable run, we reenacted that moment three times between the patient's house and the hospital. With a patient in the back, no less. The two of us back there with him came out rather bruised.

I hit a really beautiful redtailed hawk in my personal car a few years ago. It dove right into the windshield. I think it must've been going for a squirrel or something on the other side of the road.

Made me sad... I like birds.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I drink a lot of sodas and listen to girly music. Both make me feel good so I keep on doing it. ;)

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Poutine. Oh my God, I love poutine... Another reason why I'm proud to be Canadian.