Good idea to use the class textbook to study for NREMT?

Stingray91

Forum Crew Member
So I'm thinking about taking the NR in about a month from now (State is < 3 weeks away).
The classroom textbook we use is the Prehospital Emergency Care 9th edition (the reviews are mostly good, plus it was provided by the school):
http://www.amazon.com/Prehospital-E...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314056020&sr=1-1

and I'm thinking about getting a small NREMT study book for around $20. The ones I physically looked through that I kind of liked at Barnes & Nobles were the CliffNotes EMT Basic Cram Plan: http://www.amazon.com/CliffsNotes-EMT-Basic-Exam-Cram-Plan/dp/0470878134 and Kaplan's EMT Basic 4th edition (even know some people say dont go with Kaplan's, I like how it's laid out).
I'm leaning towards the CliffNote Cram Plan book, but I'm still hesitant. :wacko:

Opinions are welcomed!!

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
be carefull of the dreaded "flashcard" book, It gave me a false level of security. Questions were rather easy, little to no depth in the response. Just my 2 cents.

JPINFV

Gadfly
be carefull of the dreaded "flashcard" book, It gave me a false level of security. Questions were rather easy, little to no depth in the response. Just my 2 cents.

So, like the NREMT exam for EMT?

/Granted, there are varying levels of easy with little to no depth.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah its geared towards the NR, I had an issue with the flashcard book, and I heard others had the same issues.....Let me "re-phrase"...The questions in the book are very basic , not so much scenario based which ended up being very dissapointing considering the way the NR is set up.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
<ALERT>
<PERSONAL OPINION ONLY>​

If your course is geared toward getting to you pass the State exam, then yes, I would look for study aids to pass the National Registry.

It was pointed out in my class (Ohio) that the course was designed to get you to pass the National (of which Ohio would register me also).

It was emphasized by the instructor on the first day of class that his objective was to get us ready to pass the National exam. Of which (I think at this point) half of us have passed.