Going to be an Army Medic. What's it like?

Anthony7994

Forum Crew Member
A while back I was sworn into the Army at MEPS (what a lovely place) and on my contract I have a job reserved as a ranger medic,68 Whiskey Option 40, in which I ship to basic for on October 17th. I'm very excited, because although I'm new to EMS, I love it more than anything. I just got my NREMT-B and was told I would not have to attend the first few weeks of Medic AIT since I have that. Is this true? And I was wondering if anybody had any first and experience being 68 Whiskey and could tell me what the training is like? And What SOCM (special ops combat medic) is like? Thanks. :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I can't tell you about the army, but I can tell you your gonna have a good time because October 17th is my birthday!

Keep your head down, stay safe and thanks for your services in advance.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'd recommend posting in the military sub-forum, as you'll find some 68Ws there.

From what I understand when I thought about re-enlisting, you skip the first half of 68W school and go right to the combat portion if you already have your EMT. However, as with everything military, talk to your recruiter AND get it in writing.