General Information

shall564

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 year old from Red Deer, Alberta. I recently made the decision to pursue a carrier in the paramedic field but unfortunatly i really don't know that much about the schooling (just what i found on the internet). I realise its too late in the year for me to get into any classes this fall but i was wondering about other options. I believe i need to get my EMR training then my EMT and finally my EMT-P to be qualified to become a paramedic (please correct me if im wrong). Unfortunatly i dont have a few of the requirments for these. So i was wondering about the class 4 driving exam, what exatly do you have to do for it? Also i only have my temporary class 5, i was wondering if i have to do the full class 5 test before i am able to do the class 4 or can i skip past it? Another option is taking a course at medicine hat college (can't put up the link) . I dont really know much about this program and was wondering if someone could shed some light on it for me as it is the only program ive found that doesnt require EMR and EMT training. Im sure i have more questions but i cant think of them right now. (sorry about the spelling and grammar I'm currently in asia and my computer time is limited)