For future reference....

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
1. Please extingush your cigarette prior to my arrival, and before telling me your short of breath due to the bronchitis you "can't get cleared up"

2. Don't bound down the porch steps two at a time(above cigarette still in hand), pratically throw yourself on the stretcher and the complain of "unbearable 9 1/2 out of 10" back pain.

3. Don't tell me you ran out of your pain medicine while describing a dosing schedule that would tranquilize a bull angus, but "can't afford" anitbiotics for the above bronchitis or meds for your hypertension.

4. Don't request a hospital 30 miles past the local community hospital because "they're mean and don't believe you".

That is all.

(If you've paid attention to my postings you'll know I'm very pro-pain management. Every once in a while though, the malingering gets to me...)

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
1. Please extingush your cigarette prior to my arrival, and before telling me your short of breath due to the bronchitis you "can't get cleared up"

2. Don't bound down the porch steps two at a time(above cigarette still in hand), pratically throw yourself on the stretcher and the complain of "unbearable 9 1/2 out of 10" back pain.

3. Don't tell me you ran out of your pain medicine while describing a dosing schedule that would tranquilize a bull angus, but "can't afford" anitbiotics for the above bronchitis or meds for your hypertension.

4. Don't request a hospital 30 miles past the local community hospital because "they're mean and don't beleive you".

That is all.

(If you've paid attention to my postings you'll know I'm very pro-pain management. Every once in a while though, the malingering gets to me...)

Sounds like someone had a interesting patient today

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Ah, the joys of system abuse. I look so forward to starting on Monday just for that very reason -_-

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief

4. Don't request a hospital 30 miles past the local community hospital because "they're mean and don't believe you".

That is all.

Welcome to the the last fifteen years of my life.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
My favorites are the ones who have learned that they automatically go to the back of the ER if they have an IV in place.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
My favorites are the ones who have learned that they automatically go to the back of the ER if they have an IV in place.

Some hospitals I know will ignore this rule, if it's a pt they are familiar with, and perhaps it was a new medic who'd never run on the dirtbag before.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Some hospitals I know will ignore this rule, if it's a pt they are familiar with, and perhaps it was a new medic who'd never run on the dirtbag before.
They'll lock off the bag or just remove it to be in the waiting room?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
They'll lock off the bag or just remove it to be in the waiting room?

Oh yes! Seen it many times! (usually removing, though the occasional lock)