First Greyhound Ambulance - San Diego

SD7

Forum Ride Along
Anyone heard of this ambulance company in San Diego (specifically, Escondido)?

Firstgreyhound.com/

They are listed as a valid agency by San Diego County, but I was wondering if anyone had more information on them? They are hiring.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
From what I've heard they are very new. I've seen one of their rigs around. I'd be cautious of a company that names itself so similarly to a bussing company, probably cares more about moolah than patients, though that seems to be a common trend in San Diego

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
i heard there from La area or something. Ive only seen one of their rigs around looks a little weathered...

OP
OP
S

SD7

Forum Ride Along
They seem pretty small. Their offices double as a wood/metal working workshop. After some research I figured out that the owners of ideldesigns.com own First Greyhound Ambulance ...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Where did you hear from? (I'm looking as well)

Not to answer for him but I interviewed with express a few weeks ago, (didn't take the job) so they may still be hiring

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
It was posted on EMSTAs Facebook page. I would also recommend going to EMSTAs pre-employment work shops check out their website

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Care is probably ramping up staff due to them taking the San Diego Kaiser contract over all to themselves in April, no more sharing I hear. If you're not very well self diciplined, don't waste your time with Care, you'll be miserable.

Express is under a "re-transformation", regrowing what was lost with new management from what i've been hearing. Might be a good place to be if you're lookin to grow with a company.

Eeyore

Forum Ride Along
Care is probably ramping up staff due to them taking the San Diego Kaiser contract over all to themselves in April, no more sharing I hear. If you're not very well self diciplined, don't waste your time with Care, you'll be miserable.

Express is under a "re-transformation", regrowing what was lost with new management from what i've been hearing. Might be a good place to be if you're lookin to grow with a company.

Care did resign the Kaiser contract and they are number 1, however there are two other companies that get their overflow.

Express is what I heard, on the way out. They really aren't looking too good. A buddy of mine works there and hates it. But he's only there to get experience to go to R/M. They're making "changes" but he says not for the better.