finding out

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
How Many Believe That As Much Cpr We Might Do....jesus Is The One Who Gives Life,and The One That Takes It?:)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Not me.. I don't believe in all that fate, God's Purpose, and god-fearing "do this or die" BS.

Emergency Medicine is potluck science. Sometimes it fails, you might have blood pumping, and oxygen going in and out, but if the brain stopped first... You can't repair that.. and if the heart is necrotic, you can't give every heart attack victim a transplant in the ER.

People die.. In ambulances, on their kitchen floor, and in the ER.. and that's just the way the cycle of life works. You're not fighting their current condition, you are fighting effect.. Something caused this to happen; a car accident, a bullet, 80 years of hard living, 30 years of drinking or a wild life of drug use.. There is nothing EMS can do to fix any of that.

The calls you're more likely to make a difference on are electrocutions, drowning, sudden illness, some spur of the moment event that caused a healthy heart to stop. Body says hey, that's not right, oops.. someone turn the power back on. Resuscitating someone with heart disease is just pure luck. If they manage to survive, they'll either move on and have the same thing happen again; or die from something related to the meds that are required to prevent it from happening again.

TTLWHKR.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
having both begged and cursed our prevalant diety in the same breath, i'd say that He's really doesn't seem to give a rodents rear end.....

~S~

OP
OP
N

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
I respect all replies...i would like to say the God created us and knows every part of and how we function,whether gun shot wound or AMI.If we live we still have something undone he wants us to complete.If we dont then we've gone to meet him,whether young or old.What do you think....?

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Well even though Im not a true believer I have been told that I carry out gods work. Sometimes they live, sometimes they die, its all part of the job. Our job is not to save lives its to simply prolong death.

-CP

OP
OP
N

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
your right panic..its not our job to save lives,just carry out the will of god.we all in some way or an other carry out God's will...whether ems,police,ff,etc.we just have to do the best we can...the rest is up to him!!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I believe that we evolved from Apes... and all the science and evolution involved in the matter. That's just my opinion.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
nyc.ems said:
your right panic..its not our job to save lives,just carry out the will of god.we all in some way or an other carry out God's will...whether ems,police,ff,etc.we just have to do the best we can...the rest is up to him!!

God's Will. Two words that help a multitude of people justify what happens in their day to day lives. If is was a bad incident, Gods will, a good incident, Gods will. Never is it just "things happen". Personally I do not belive God has the time to dictate what is going to happen to each and every one of us each and every day of our existance. If there is a God I feel he/she would be more like a parent, teach you what he can through your own parents, and then send you out into the world to make your own mistakes. He does not have the time to babysit you each and every second of your life. God to some is a way out. "Dont worry Bob, that you ran that little girl over in the street, its God's will". :rolleyes:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
coloradoemt said:
God's Will. Two words that help a multitude of people justify what happens in their day to day lives. If is was a bad incident, Gods will, a good incident, Gods will. Never is it just "things happen". Personally I do not belive God has the time to dictate what is going to happen to each and every one of us each and every day of our existance. If there is a God I feel he/she would be more like a parent, teach you what he can through your own parents, and then send you out into the world to make your own mistakes. He does not have the time to babysit you each and every second of your life. God to some is a way out. "Dont worry Bob, that you ran that little girl over in the street, its God's will". :rolleyes:

Sounds like M*A*S*H character, Frank Burns... :p I just watched that on some channel.. maybe FxMO?

divinewind_007

Forum Lieutenant
god gives me the strength to do what i do. my job is not to save people, more to prolong their life. no one can save people from death, it will eventually get us all. i believe he decides what goes on. if he decides its time then its time. everyone knows you can do everything perfectly and still lose a patient. at the same time most of you have had those patients that should have died but didnt. when there is no reason they should be living but they are. i believe the lord is with us. i know he is for me. he's gives me strength to do my job. he is there with me for the good calls and he's with me on the bad ones. he gives me the strength to carry on. the lord gave his only son that we be saved. He's the only one that saves people. he's the only one that can give you eternal life. hope i didnt offend anybody, this is just my opinion. ^_^

googlebot

Forum Ride Along
Regardless of the science or religion involved in anyones perspective- The fact that the universe and life came to be is truly awesome. Considering the size and complexity of the universe and the details and mysteries it contains, I think that it is unrealistic and downright self-centered to beleive that any entity, no matter how great, would concern themselves with our daily lives. This is especially true since we are able to make the moronic choices that we do.

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
Religion and science should remain separate. God didn't create me....My mother screwed a guy and got pregnant. She did that several times. I have 4 or 5 half brothers that I don't know where they are. Simple as that.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I am going to make one more statement on this thread and then I am done.
If you really believe its always God's will then here ya go:

Was it god's will that I get called to a 2 yr old little girl stabbed to death by her grandma? How about the three shaken babies calls I have witnessed the results of in the last 4 months? 29 year old coming home from her wedding rehearsal dinner gets t-boned by a drunk, DOA. I could go on as I work in sewage every day, and, I am not going to give my opinion on Catholic Priests. This is not Gods will at all. If it truly is than why on earth would anyone worship him? My opinion on that is personal choice. To the masses that do believe in a God, it gives them comfort and someone to blame to help them get through their day to day lives that are riddled constantly with rape, murder, and pillage.

OP
OP
N

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
yes.... the lord is allways there.our job is not to save lives,thats his part.we just get the privlegde to take part in it.and if they die,doesnt mean that he's not there.he's the maker of us all...

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
What do you think....?

I caught a religmo emt praying on a run once, praying with his eyes closed. I smacked him with a S-scope and asked for vitals to snap him outta it....

Now if you wish , as a patient, to puke, pray, call on God, or whatever religmo activity you'd wish be my guest.

But if your in ems please pray , fondle your rosary beads, sacrifice a goat, or whatever you do for your diety on your own time please.

~S~

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
My great grandmother had a great saying..."from the day we're born, the day you're going to die is stamped on your arse, so if you're going to fly, make everyone drop thier drawers."

I believe in God, was raised roman catholic (although I do not follow the "rules") I think the catholic religion lost it's way hundreds of years ago. But in being created by him we also got free will. It's supposed to be what separates us from the angels.

Ever watch Dogma? That is the closest I could come to a representation of how I believe. Otherwise it would take a few thousand pages to explain it. I also keep myself open to new ideas. I don't presume to know how or why God works, it not my place.

Some things are God's will, some are mans, Some wonderful things happen and some horrible things happen, being a believer in God, I also believe in the devil. And even between the two, man can be the cruelst being out there. We are here to do our best and be judged for it in the end. it's actually pretty simple. But it's my idea of how it is and I don't expect (or care, no offense) anyone to agree or disagree with me.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
I think the catholic religion lost it's way hundreds of years ago.

somewhere bettween the colosieum and the inquisition Wingnut?

or maybe perhaps it was earlier than that

are you familiar with Horus the Egyiptian God?

~S~

Last edited by a moderator:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
googlebot said:
Regardless of the science or religion involved in anyones perspective- The fact that the universe and life came to be is truly awesome. Considering the size and complexity of the universe and the details and mysteries it contains, I think that it is unrealistic and downright self-centered to beleive that any entity, no matter how great, would concern themselves with our daily lives. This is especially true since we are able to make the moronic choices that we do.

Didja' copy and paste that from a google search?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
squid said:
omg, I come back from a nice holiday and suddenly it's the emtjesus forum :D :D

I don't see that happening... It will get locked, most likely when someone tries to sacrifice Jon.