Finally Getting into the Thick of Things

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
Howdy yall,
I'm a First Responder from Colorado, and am going into my EMT-B class in less than a month (already read and reviewed the class book several times).
Anyways, I started an internship with my local fire department, riding the engine and responding to medical calls. I am having a blast, and it is just an amazing thing to do. It definitely reinforced the belief I had in working the EMS field.
Anyways, my family thinks I am nuts, and doesn't understand why I am so excited. Figured I could get some understanding responses on here. Any and all advice, about the internship and EMT class, is welcome. I want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks,
Deltachange

NREMT First Responder

xgpt

Forum Crew Member
Howdy yall,
I'm a First Responder from Colorado, and am going into my EMT-B class in less than a month (already read and reviewed the class book several times).
Anyways, I started an internship with my local fire department, riding the engine and responding to medical calls. I am having a blast, and it is just an amazing thing to do. It definitely reinforced the belief I had in working the EMS field.
Anyways, my family thinks I am nuts, and doesn't understand why I am so excited. Figured I could get some understanding responses on here. Any and all advice, about the internship and EMT class, is welcome. I want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks,
Deltachange

NREMT First Responder

Congrats on moving up.

Only advice I can give is to show up.

Show up...

SHOW UP.

Don't miss class, and never miss a lab. They are the most valuable part.

If you're doing weekly duty crews ask the people at your station for help, even if it means taking their vitals or asking someone to be a dummy for you. Get to know your rigs, and ask your officer if there's anything you can do to get better acquainted with your station or local protocols.

Study as much as you can, and go beyond whenever possible. You can't learn too much for the tests. Learn for the back of an ambulance, not the test whenever possible. Ask questions. Ask too many questions. Post them here!

Anyway best of luck in the class! Have fun!