FDNY medic likely to lose job for joking about patient

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
FDNY medic likely to lose job for joking about patient

An EMS lieutenant with a sick sense of humor is likely to lose his FDNY job thanks to a tasteless joke that violated federal medical-privacy law.

Bozo boss Michael Palleschi, 36, posted details online of a 911 call he found hilarious — a woman complaining of a swollen vagina — without redacting the patient's name and address, sources said.

Read more

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like this guy is getting what he deserves for not htinking

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Def. I do sometimes write on my FB status about maybe a interesting call that I was on that day/night. But never do I ever put names, and I even leave most of the details out. BUT i'm thinking twice about that now. I do live in a very small rural area. And that could back fire on me, I have a feeling!

Last edited by a moderator:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
WOW.

One would hope that even if HIPAA didn't exist, people in this field would have enough moral rectitude to realize that doing such a thing is wrong.

And then in the face of HIPAA and unscrupulous people, one would at least hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to broadcast illegal acts.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Giving the name and address??? What did he think was going to happen. I'd fire him too to cover the department if for nothing else....and i'd rather not work with stupid medics.

LondonMedic

Forum Captain
Ridiculous.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: like that is for the mess or a quiet corner of the bar, not for the internet and certainly not with evidence provided.

Retard.