FDNY EMS Candidates

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
So if I got in a recent accident where I rear ended someone, I should tell them. Will I be disqualified? Also my job I worked at when I met my investigator I was full time and now I'm part time with a new full time job, that's not bad is it..?
They need to know every job you've worked at so yes they would have needed to know if you got a new job and as far as rear ending someone yes they would need to know that too

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
duncansuccess.PNG
I'm among those who have been chosen. GTC. (Got that call)
Congrats and what list #???

Joeyzee

Forum Probie
Will I get disqualified though for my accident?
They need to know every job you've worked at so yes they would have needed to know if you got a new job and as far as rear ending someone yes they would need to know that too

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Will I get disqualified though for my accident?

When I was there I was told you can only have 6 pts (i think 6pts) on your license anymore than that and you dq. I think thats why they want to keep tabs on your driving. I think you should just call up and tell them. I doubt it will dq you and its better to tell them now instead of when they ask but thats just my opinion. Good luck

Joeyzee

Forum Probie
When I was there I was told you can only have 6 pts (i think 6pts) on your license anymore than that and you dq. I think thats why they want to keep tabs on your driving. I think you should just call up and tell them. I doubt it will dq you and its better to tell them now instead of when they ask but thats just my opinion. Good luck

Thank you! I have 0 pts on my liscense and the accident was gone thru insurance company and police made a report just for the other persons record to have. I tried calling and I've left multiple voicemails and my investigator hasn't gotten back to me. I tried to email her in beginning of the summer when I get a new job and she never emailed me back either. I think since I have no points, I'll wait it out considering I'm 23x on 60!! Thank you for info:)

Doc Logical

Forum Crew Member
For those who have received the call already, what are some of the things they asked you? Heard they ask you a few questions?

They tell you what the other poster told you. They offer you the position.

Then they tell you what to expect, asking you what time you would like for classes (of those available, I'm sure) and what time you would like to show out for the "prove you can work in this country" day and the "Welcome to the FDNY academy" day.

Also that you will get mail covering EVERYTHING that was covered in the phone call.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant

Then they tell you what to expect, asking you what time you would like for classes (of those available, I'm sure) and what time you would like to show out for the "prove you can work in this country" day and the "Welcome to the FDNY academy" day.

Also that you will get mail covering EVERYTHING that was covered in the phone call.
Hey man do you how many total number of eligibles on 5003?

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
Thank you! I have 0 pts on my liscense and the accident was gone thru insurance company and police made a report just for the other persons record to have. I tried calling and I've left multiple voicemails and my investigator hasn't gotten back to me. I tried to email her in beginning of the summer when I get a new job and she never emailed me back either. I think since I have no points, I'll wait it out considering I'm 23x on 60!! Thank you for info:)
Just keep record of all the emails you sent to cover yourself. You've tried to reach out so u should be fine. But like he said keep trying. It's better you tell them than for them to find out.

centrals

Forum Probie
That's rough so another 100 or so until they reach 6003

I was hoping they'd blow right through the end of 5003 but that doesn't look like it's the case. But I guess we'll see, I'm just feeling a little less confident. They'd need to call another 240 people for me to get the call

emtjw32

Forum Probie
I was hoping they'd blow right through the end of 5003 but that doesn't look like it's the case. But I guess we'll see, I'm just feeling a little less confident. They'd need to call another 240 people for me to get the call
Yeah I feel the same way. I thought people at the end of 5003 would've moved on or found other work after waiting for 2 years but it seems like they could fill this class without any 6003

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

You also have to take into consideration that there are people who have deferred from prior classes, or have failed and have been given the opportunity to try again in this class. If they do reach 6003 exam, I would think probably hit 200 if that. give or take. with a possible new class at the end of January 2017

JohnB151

Forum Probie

I got the call today also! Was told i will receive a packet with info for things to bring to orientation. However uniforms is prior to that