FDNY EMS Candidates

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
[..QUOTE="Techie253, post: 570700, member: 26433"]He's my investigator as well, I'm going to assume it doesn't help us that he went away[/QUOTE]

Apparently he is the only one that can address the questions regarding our applications..they won't transfer me to anyone other than the reception people

Techie253

Forum Probie
My guess is if he handed our files over for final review we've got a shot, if not then we may not make it

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
I have heard unconfirmed stories of candidates not being called for a current academy class and having to wait till the following class because their BI was on vacation. You both appear to have the same BI and lower list numbers than I do. This might be the case then.

There is no number you can call. You have wait till you are called by them. Sorry but this is how CID rolls.

Second, it was not my BI that called but another BI that called and offered me the academy class. The phone numthat comes up on the phone anytime someone from CID will a 718.999.**** number. The first six numbers will always be 718.999. The last four will change.

Third, Swearing in is on the 20th at Metro Tech. You will need to do two more things before this and given options on the day to do it.
1). Go to Metro Tech and complete paperwork, e.g. insurance and bennies.
2) Get uniforms at Fort Totten.

Finally, For this academy class 1/3 is going to be placed in EMD. The other 2/3 is getting deployed to the streets. We will not have a say in this. They will ask for volunteers but assign who ever they want to EMD to fill all the positions.

bxangeljr31

Forum Crew Member
I would suggest calling dcas to see if your cert is "outstanding". If it is outstanding…. You're in a good position to get called.

ariella

Forum Crew Member
When I got my call it wasnt from my investigator it was from someone else who goes over all the details with you about orientation, ids and uniforms