FDNY EMS Candidates

MarissaAnn

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what list number they are up too? Do they contact you by phone or by the mail ? I even waiting and waiting the said maybe be the feb class but most likely the April class ... Iam in the 700s

MarissaAnn

Forum Crew Member
If what I have found is correct, not outstanding means you are eligible for review for hire when your list number comes up and being on an outstanding certification list means you are eligible for final file review to be called for the academy.
Where do you find out if your status is changed to outstanding ?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
There's like a two question limit on this forum...sooo they contact you by phone and the outstanding/not outstanding # is 212-699-1357

MarissaAnn

Forum Crew Member
Sorry didn't know there was a 2 question limit on here!!! It Was my first time posting on here !!! But thank u for the answers

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Who else has their medical jan 27th at 6:45 am ? Also due to this blizzard they are saying we are going to have do u guys think they will have me reschudule ? Who should I call to find out ?

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know when the next class could be after april? Sitting at 11Xx, not feeling too confident about that class

Mugs89

Forum Captain
If 591 got the call and had the option of a.m./p.m., its safe to assume they'll get well into the 600's. At this pace they'll basically be done with our list after they fill the July class.

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
Firstly, Congratulations @wanderingnick

And secondly to echo @Mugs89 did you have a choice of classes? That is important info for those of us on the edge esp. in the 600s... Another question for @wanderingnick did you defer to the 9th earlier this month?
I did not defer from earlier. And yes, I did have a choice of either AM or PM. The investigator said that at least 1/3 of the Feb. 9 academy will go EMD (I assume she means both classes).
I'm going in on the 3rd @8AM and the 5th @9AM for uniform and the such.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
If 591 got the call and had the option of a.m./p.m., its safe to assume they'll get well into the 600's. At this pace they'll basically be done with our list after they fill the July class.

You think so?? How big are the April and July classes going to be?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
They finished the previous list with the Oct class last year. (The following EMD classes in Jan have been all 4004 with maybe a few from the previous list that fixed outstanding problems + last appointed before Jan was #156 from 4004)

Based on postings on this forum, this year things are moving much quicker, in the 600's for the Feb class. Peggy said the Feb and April classes would be "overloaded" at my intake back in Nov. There's like 1400 names on 4004. If at 600 that leaves about 800 names. It also means they went thru at least 450 names to fill two small EMD classes, and the Feb class that hasn't been filled yet. So when the dust clears it'll be more than 450 names.

With that # it would be safe to say that 800 names can be cleared with two classes.

True42

Forum Crew Member
They finished the previous list with the Oct class last year. (The following EMD classes in Jan have been all 4004 with maybe a few from the previous list that fixed outstanding problems + last appointed before Jan was #156 from 4004)

Based on postings on this forum, this year things are moving much quicker, in the 600's for the Feb class. Peggy said the Feb and April classes would be "overloaded" at my intake back in Nov. There's like 1400 names on 4004. If at 600 that leaves about 800 names. It also means they went thru at least 450 names to fill two small EMD classes, and the Feb class that hasn't been filled yet. So when the dust clears it'll be more than 450 names.

With that # it would be safe to say that 800 names can be cleared with two classes.

Hopefully you're right! From the last appointed, they're only 60 list numbers away from mine and a few others I saw on here. I think today they took off because of the storm. We'll see how things go by the end of the week!