FDNY EMS Candidates

IFR

Forum Crew Member
I been working a lot, but I just wanted to take a moment and share all the info I had for those of you still waiting for the call.

I was called by Peggy Quinn and offered the job on Wednesday (12/31/14). She offered me January 12th (All EMD). This class will start with EMT at Fort Totten, then go straight into the EMD training. She offered me January 26th (All EMD). This class will start with EMD training, then go work at EMD, then within 2 years will go to Fort Totten and do EMT. She also offered me February 9th (Approximately 50/50 split). She said it will not be exactly 50/50, but somewhere close. This class will start with EMT at Fort Totten, then some will go to the street and others will go to EMD training.

EMD will require a two year commitment. 6 months training, and 1.5 years working EMD. After that time frame you may elect to stay in EMD or pick which other division you would like to work in. EMD comes with an additional $1,000 per year and 10 college credits (for the training).

They are recommending EMD to people interested in the promotional path to fire. They said they are doing this for several reasons; less chance of being injured, less disciplinary issues/complaints from the public, and easier to stay on a consistent fitness regimen.

The January 12th class is almost full (per Peggy Quinn today). They will then continue calling to fill the January 26th and February 9th class.

My list number was above 100 on list 3024, with a score of 85.

My current status on DCAS's automated line is "not currently on an outstanding certification".

I am coming from out of state, and elected to take the January 26th class.

MattyMalverne655

Forum Lieutenant
My list number is 82x so whose is also done with the process and is not on the outstanding cert list. Would anyone know a guessamation when I would go for a class?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Looking at past trends a # in the 800's would be summer. Maybe earlier since it seems that there's more classes than usual this year.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Is what I heard true in that dispatchers can pick up ambulance OT?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Yes, I remember someone mentioning that. However that would seem to only apply to dispatchers that went through the EMT academy. The above post stated that the later January class will go through the EMT academy at a later time so they prolly won't be doing emt tours without having first done the academy.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, I remember someone mentioning that. However that would seem to only apply to dispatchers that went through the EMT academy. The above post stated that the later January class will go through the EMT academy at a later time so they prolly won't be doing emt tours without having first done the academy.

I'm in the first academy so I'll be done with EMT school first. If that's true I'll eat up as much OT as I can get! That is if it's true.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thank you for the kind words guys. I wish you both get the call asap. :)

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Good Morning

First I like to say Happy New Year to All

For those who got the calls Best of luck to you
For those who will get the call Good Luck

I want to take this time and thank everyone for your posting
I cant log on all the time but your info help me everyday

BAM

Exam # 4004
List 36X

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I have received my call, today at 11:15 and have chose January 12th class

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Idk might be a select few who come in on Saturdays .

She mentioned I'll receive my email by the end of the day.

Anyone else had to wait for it?

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Idk might be a select few who come in on Saturdays .

She mentioned I'll receive my email by the end of the day.

Anyone else had to wait for it?
Did they mention anything different or was the info the same as everyone else's...and are all the classes still open?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Same as others, but I was offered either jan 12 or to defer until February

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
List #48x here. Congrats and all the best of luck to all that have been called so far. Also, thank you for all the great info so far. Hopefully I won't be that far behind you guys.