Yeah I can confirm

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
3 months of ems in queen
3 months of emd in metro tech

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
starts jan 12th night class only "3 months emt school and 3 months dispatcher school"
So there is no morning class for January 12? This is retarted the whole way FDNY is doing this...so making 3 classes within a month but only one tour? And this whole emd bs.....

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Some people are saying that the feb class is EMD only, some are saying its 50/50. Which one is it? (Preferably from a reliable source like Peggy Quinn)

Has anyone gotten a phone call yet who ISN'T going to an all EMD class?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
U can still opt for the 50/50 class in February. So it's not 100 percent that you have to dispatch.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
U can still opt for the 50/50 class in February. So it's not 100 percent that you have to dispatch.

They let you pick if you wanna dispatch, a lot of people pick it. And if they are still missing people, they will start taking people based on the last 5 of your social security.

Emd is not bad, great if you wanna do medic school or college

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
But why the two indiviudal academies that are dispatch only....we must be wrong in our thoughts maybe its not confirmed ? And I'm sure if my number is reached for these academy classes I Wont have that choice...I'm 49x

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
But why the two indiviudal academies that are dispatch only....we must be wrong in our thoughts maybe its not confirmed ? And I'm sure if my number is reached for these academy classes I Wont have that choice...I'm 49x

Because fdny needs dispatchers. A lot of them are now retiring, moving to the road, they want to cut back on OT etc.
It's 100% confirmed.

Every academy takes dispatchers. They give you a paper, and you can select which battalion you want to work, emd is a choice on it, some select it as their number one, some don't .
But in every class, a few people go to emd

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Because fdny needs dispatchers. A lot of them are now retiring, moving to the road, they want to cut back on OT etc.
It's 100% confirmed.

Every academy takes dispatchers. They give you a paper, and you can select which battalion you want to work, emd is a choice on it, some select it as their number one, some don't .
But in every class, a few people go to emd
I'm aware of that but to have a two whole academys full for it ? ...look at all the ot on the kdt also...they still need a ton of people too

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm aware of that but to have a two whole academys full for it ? ...look at all the ot on the kdt also...they still need a ton of people too

There's always ot on the kdt.
You can have less road crews, you just put out one or two units less. You need dispatchers, other wose, who will monitor and assign calls?

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Thanks for the info lukgiel and mugs.

Just out of curiosity, anybody know how many people will be in the two EMD classes, and the 50/50 class? I'm assuming the EMD classes will be significantly smaller.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
35 in each emd class, so that's 70.

No idea on the Feb 50/50 class, it is supposed to be big.
Maybe someone else can chime in

B7ice

Forum Ride Along
I just got off the phone with a Investigator Myers, she offered me the January 12th & February 9th class. The Jan 12th class is going to be all EMD, It is 3 Months of emt school and 3 months for emd school. If you do work emd you get a extra 2,000 a year (approx $1 a hour lol) and you have to give them two years before you can be transferred to the road. She also told me that there trying to have a class that starts Feb 9th that is going to be 50/50 (and they will decided in the academy if your gonna be on the road or dispatching) that I can be put on the list for if I was interested in, but they can't officially stay they are having a Feb class and if they do they will start making phone calls in 2-2 1/2 weeks. She never said anything to me regarding a Jan 26th class. Im list #210 from Exam #4004.