FDNY EMS Candidates

centrals

Forum Probie
What's up guys, Are calls still going out? I'm hoping they put a dent in 4004. I'm sitting in the high 400s

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
What's up guys, Are calls still going out? I'm hoping they put a dent in 4004. I'm sitting in the high 400s

I don't know if the calls are still going out but I heard they didn't even get up to the 1200s on 3024 yet

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys. I'm 11XX on 3024 and have yet to receive a call. I don't want to, but am starting to accept that they probably filled the class already. This is based on a few people towards the end of the list not being called. It looks like 3024 will be in the October class. :sad: If I get called, I will be sure to post on here to let you guys know they are still filling spots. I will tell you guys before I tell my family. :)

Time to get back to what I have been doing for what feels like my entire life. Hurry up, and wait!!!

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
heyyy guys

Heyy everyone im list #12XX on 3024 starting to feel the sameway I think they have filled both classes by now =( stinks but looks like we gotta wait alittle longer

Last edited by a moderator:

john1

Forum Ride Along
Intake

Anyone who recently went to intake know roughly how long it takes for them to contact your current employer from that date. Assuming they do.

Thanks

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone who recently went to intake know roughly how long it takes for them to contact your current employer from that date. Assuming they do.

Thanks

I think they do it right before academy, also they only seem to contact previous employers, they never contacted my current employers, then again that would be a waste of time, if I was bad I'd get fired

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
I think they do it right before academy, also they only seem to contact previous employers, they never contacted my current employers, then again that would be a waste of time, if I was bad I'd get fired

They never contacted any of my previous employers but it probably depends on the investigator

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know if anymore calls are going out , I keep hearing there gonna finish up with the Exam 3024 but anyone have any info ????

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
They never contacted any of my previous employers but it probably depends on the investigator

Did you get called for the academy? I think they so it as a part of "final review" before calling you

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone know if anymore calls are going out , I keep hearing there gonna finish up with the Exam 3024 but anyone have any info ????

I'd call your investigator and see what's up

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
yeah im gonna call him tomorrow my buddy is 11XX and got nothing either , Im not sure if there done calling for this july class or not but that would suck for the 4004 because that would mean your looking at Jan if Oct is gonna be more 3024 because there 1321 on the 3024 exam but I call him a few weeks back and said everything is looking good , I also called dcas and it said im "outstanding" so I have no idea lol

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Did you get called for the academy? I think they so it as a part of "final review" before calling you

Yea i got called for july, my old manager is a good friend of mine and I worked at the place a couple years they never called him

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
With 25x, I might even be January -_-

I can even be 2016 as long as I know I will 100% be in the academy

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
I really hope there gonna call some more people off 3024 for july , Its strange because if you call dcas they updated everything the other day and it said they only hire up till 849 so I guess once they finally finish call they say the last # called for july ......

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey Everyone

Been out of touch. I am catching up with all the post thank for the info

Finish all my testing on June 28

Just waiting to see if I passed or not

List number36x
Exam #4004

Good luck to all

Bam

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
So my EMT state exam is in november. If I apply to FDNY in november/december when do you think I can expect to hear from them? And how long until they call me would I start the academy? Is taking the civil exam required? One hasn't been out for EMTs in awhile. I'm new to the whole process to excuse my noobishness :)

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So my EMT state exam is in november. If I apply to FDNY in november/december when do you think I can expect to hear from them? And how long until they call me would I start the academy? Is taking the civil exam required? One hasn't been out for EMTs in awhile. I'm new to the whole process to excuse my noobishness :)

You can only apply once a year, usually in September, when the civil service is given, you have to take it. You'll get your list # in march. You can wait a year up to 3, depending on your # and how your process goes. Read this forum from page 1, you'll get all your questions answered