FDNY EMS Candidates

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
So I posted yesterday about how I was basically trolled by a spanish telemarketer. TL DR : I saw an unknown NY number on my phone and thought it could be FDNY, but nope.

Well today I did get a call from FDNY and I just happened to be using the calculator app on my phone and as the call popped up I hit the dismiss while trying to to add up numbers. ****ing math. I just stared at my screen and was thinking "no, that did not just happen." Hit redial and sure enough it was FDNY trying call me but that number was just a recording with no options to talk to anyone. I just sat there saying no over and over for a few minutes.

But as I was sitting there saying no over and over contemplating my next move the voicemail icon popped up. Bless my lucky stars. It was not my BI but another BI who needed a copy of my renewed drivers license for my file to be complete. Done, easy peasy, I'll fax that right now.

So people of this forum, they are going through their files, crossing their T's and dotting their i's. Phone calls will be coming soon.

Techie253

Forum Probie
I actually have to renew my license soon as well, but glad to hear phone calls for final review are going out for 800's. My fingers are crossed

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
I actually have to renew my license soon as well, but glad to hear phone calls for final review are going out for 800's. My fingers are crossed

Don't sleep on that. If you having thing that is not up to date then FDNY will hold you over for the academy till whatever doc/cert is current and valid. Good luck.

Oh and as an edit, if it expires during the time you would be in the academy, not just before, they will also hold you over till you get it renewed and is current.

Last edited:

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Glad to see they are making moves , if anyone receives a call please post and keep us updated , my number is in the 1300's but everything is complete wondering if I can make april

Mugs89

Forum Captain
That moment when you check the new post and its not about phone calls or Academy info....lmao

You worry about DQ'S when you lie, have a criminal record or when your not medically fit. For the most part everything else can be explained with a notarized statement.

naps89

Forum Crew Member
That moment when you check the new post and its not about phone calls or Academy info....lmao

You worry about DQ'S when you lie, have a criminal record or when your not medically fit. For the most part everything else can be explained with a notarized statement.

Lmao def feel you on that first
Part

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Just spoke to my investigator. Next class is scheduled for April 20. My list number is 11XX and he isn't sure that my number will be reached, here's to hoping.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
If I remember correctly they broke into the low 600s when calling for the last academy. They might get as high as the 900s to fill this class if they continue with the 120 candidates per academy.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
They broke the 700s

Well if that is the case then some people in the low 1,000s might be called. Of course this is all dependant on the academy class size being 120, how many candidates have complete files ready to be called and how many people accept the offer and do not differ.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Ya we're def July, but there's always a chance. The medical always knocks a lot of people out so we're closer to 700 than our #s indicate. And you really don't know how many people will turn down the offer. Not to mention PAT and backround DQs. It's really in the air.