FDNY EMS Candidates

naps89

Forum Crew Member
How far in advance do people normally receive the physical notices?

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
How far in advance do people normally receive the physical notices?

Hey Naps89,

I received 2 or 3 weeks notice. Most people think they can train from the time they get the notice to the physical date and be fine. Sadly a lot of them cant get ready that fast and fail a part of the physical. Start training now to be sure you are ready. It is not hard if you give yourself enough time to get ready. A tip for when you go to Fort Totten to take it... Get there early, sit in the front, and if they ask for people to go first, raise your hand. I was done in the first group if 4 guys in about 45 minutes. There were still 20 people in the halls waiting to start the first event when I left. Good luck and get training!

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Nasty, you were in the first group of guys? I was the only 1 in your row that didn't lol, got stuck in the second round.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Did anyone get called for October academy?
And when are calls are supposed to go out, i think the academy starts the 16th

Thanks

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
I'm pretty sure calls are now going out till next week !! 2 weeks before the academy starts. As far as list # going it's only gonna get a couple of people in 4004 I have friends in the 1300's that still have to get called on 3024

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
I'm pretty sure calls are now going out till next week !! 2 weeks before the academy starts. As far as list # going it's only gonna get a couple of people in 4004 I have friends in the 1300's that still have to get called on 3024

Hey Kev.

Have you heard anyone actually get a call yet? I am 119X on 3024. I am only about 75 list numbers away. Hopefully that translates into 20 to 30 calls. If I do get a call, I will post immediately to let everyone know!

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
No my brother is 1125 I'm in the 1200's so he should get the call the first day but nothing yet , you deff think there going out today ??

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
No my brother is 1125 I'm in the 1200's so he should get the call the first day but nothing yet , you deff think there going out today ??

It seems likely. In the past they start 3 weeks before on Monday. Hopefully your brother hears so we can start getting ready for the call. I figure me and you will probably be the second day of calls.

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hello to all

This message is to Lukgirl Hi how you been? I have been following you since i joined I am pretty close to your list Number in 3XX Exam # 4004

Have you heard anything recently

I dont get on the computer much

Thanks

Bam5