FDNY EMS Candidates

L2theA36

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys does anyone know what list number they are up to for intake? I took my physical on June 8th and my list number is 8xx. Just wondering and making sure I didn't miss a letter or something like that.

you didn't. My number is 80X and had the physical on June 8th as well and I still haven't received anything either.

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Helllo Everyone

My list # 3xx on exam #4004

I completed everything as of June 28 2014

I guess i am part of this waiting game too

I am thinking were are looking at Jan or even class after that

Bam

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Helllo Everyone

My list # 3xx on exam #4004

I completed everything as of June 28 2014

I guess i am part of this waiting game too

I am thinking were are looking at Jan or even class after that

Bam

My guess is October or January the latest

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

NYNJ

Forum Probie
They usually have it in September, so they are putting out an filling period sooner, and yet that have 3024 to finish and whole of 4004. My guess is they really need people and will start pushing through.

That's what I'm thinking too. It would be insane for them to start making another list when they keep holding up 4004. I'm in the same boat as bam5, 3xx, was told I could expect to be in the October class, now I'm praying I make it into Jan. If they need people that bad like everybody is saying, maybe they'll make the class sizes bigger? Idk.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's what I'm thinking too. It would be insane for them to start making another list when they keep holding up 4004. I'm in the same boat as bam5, 3xx, was told I could expect to be in the October class, now I'm praying I make it into Jan. If they need people that bad like everybody is saying, maybe they'll make the class sizes bigger? Idk.

Each class is 45 people, there's a day and night class, so 90 people in a academy, they won't increase the size, they can always add an extra class, I'm 50/50 October/January, maybe they'll add an extra in March

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
with a score of 80 anybody know what list number they might get??

This has been answered multiple times. Look Back in this thread

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Anybody know what happens if you are obtaining your emt certificate at the time of filing but haven't actually obtained it, what happens?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anybody know what happens if you are obtaining your emt certificate at the time of filing but haven't actually obtained it, what happens?

Can't file unless you have it, you don't need the card physically in your hand but need # and expiration, you can get that from your class instructor way before you get it in the mail

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Can't file unless you have it, you don't need the card physically in your hand but need # and expiration, you can get that from your class instructor way before you get it in the mail

Great that's exactly what i wanted to know. Thank you

Russ93

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I'am new to the EmtLife page. I have a few quick questions regarding the FDNY EMT.
1) I've NEVER applied for FDNY EMS before I'am literally in the process of applying online as i type this. Now since i never applied before how long does one wait after they apply to hear from the FDNY,such as when to go to the next step? I've herd it can be a year later after you apply,this true?

2) Is there a "weight" requirement? Yeah I'am a little on the heafty side but I can do the stair master and all that cardio, But even though i can do the physical demanding stuff for the job,will or could they disqualify me because I weight too much to them?

Thanks guys!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey guys I'am new to the EmtLife page. I have a few quick questions regarding the FDNY EMT.
1) I've NEVER applied for FDNY EMS before I'am literally in the process of applying online as i type this. Now since i never applied before how long does one wait after they apply to hear from the FDNY,such as when to go to the next step? I've herd it can be a year later after you apply,this true?

2) Is there a "weight" requirement? Yeah I'am a little on the heafty side but I can do the stair master and all that cardio, But even though i can do the physical demanding stuff for the job,will or could they disqualify me because I weight too much to them?

Thanks guys!

You'll get a letter confirming they received your application in a few months and in march or maybe even February you'll get your list #, it can take up to a year from that poibt to go to the academy. Maybe even longer depending on your #.

Look at th3 bmi, Don't be overweight, they aren't strict, you have a 20% leeway but it's tested during the medical which is the 4th and last step. If you're fat, lose it while you have time, otherwise they make you come back in 30 days, and if you still fail, you're dq'd

Welcome to emt life

Russ93

Forum Ride Along
You'll get a letter confirming they received your application in a few months and in march or maybe even February you'll get your list #, it can take up to a year from that poibt to go to the academy. Maybe even longer depending on your #.

Look at th3 bmi, Don't be overweight, they aren't strict, you have a 20% leeway but it's tested during the medical which is the 4th and last step. If you're fat, lose it while you have time, otherwise they make you come back in 30 days, and if you still fail, you're dq'd

Welcome to emt life

Thank you for the reply! I just finished the whole applications jobs,certs,license ect. It's good to know i have time still to drop some lbs.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thank you for the reply! I just finished the whole applications jobs,certs,license ect. It's good to know i have time still to drop some lbs.

Congratulations and good luck.
Welcome to sleepless nights and worrying about it, haha

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
hey whatsup guys, lukgiel if u can help me out, I filled out the undergraduate education part as I went to college for a few years. What do I put for the COurses section, kind of confused about that. and I put Driver License, EMT Cert, and EVOC under CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES? thanks a lot

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
hey whatsup guys, lukgiel if u can help me out, I filled out the undergraduate education part as I went to college for a few years. What do I put for the COurses section, kind of confused about that. and I put Driver License, EMT Cert, and EVOC under CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES? thanks a lot

That's what I put, you can't put too much. All that will be filled out again whwn you see your investigator. This is just for dcas to score you.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
cool lukgiel, thanks bro. but what did u put for the courses, :censored::censored::censored::censored: is messing me up