Fce

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
I searched and couldnt find anything related to this so here is my question.. If you had to go through a functional capacity evaluation for your ems job can anyone tell me what it entailed? I know there is a lift test involved (which Ive done already) but Im not sure what else they make you do.. Thanks..:rolleyes:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I searched and couldnt find anything related to this so here is my question.. If you had to go through a functional capacity evaluation for your ems job can anyone tell me what it entailed? I know there is a lift test involved (which Ive done already) but Im not sure what else they make you do.. Thanks..:rolleyes:

Why don't you just ask the company? Every company's test is different.

OP
OP
aandjmayne

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
I did and all they said was like range of motion and measurements. Didnt go into much detail. I just figured most ambulance companies would do about the same things. thats all. Thanks anyways..

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I did and all they said was like range of motion and measurements. Didnt go into much detail. I just figured most ambulance companies would do about the same things. thats all. Thanks anyways..
Very few ambulance services require the same exercises. It really depends on the service.

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Miz is right. At my last service, all we did was stretcher lifting. At another local service, you carry the stretcher with rescue randy on board up a flight of stairs and then do 8 minutes of CPR. At my new job, we are supposed to go to a physical therapy clinic to be evaluated/trained in lifting and the like.