Faces behind the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
SM is worth the hike if you're in the area! I flew an Archer down to Wyoming once (Live near Missoula, MT, going to college here in Billings after a year of college in Arizona.) and it was colder than snot. Went from being nice and sunny to me encountering snow and having to turn back...and the wind! Wow. Humidity sucks when it's hot, but when I was in Arizona my skin was flaking off everywhere. Plus, it keeps the bread moist.

Now back on topic...

Steve, your second picture looks like you'd *ahem* deal with any combative patients quite readily. :lol:

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Steve, your second picture looks like you'd *ahem* deal with any combative patients quite readily. :lol:

Thanks....but I get winded getting out of my car ;)

Although, around the 3rd stick, I was becoming the "combative patient" :lol:

EDIT: Realized there are more than one possible Steve's here.......Oh well, my remarks still apply lol

Last edited by a moderator:

suziquzi99

Forum Crew Member
SM is worth the hike if you're in the area! I flew an Archer down to Wyoming once (Live near Missoula, MT, going to college here in Billings after a year of college in Arizona.) and it was colder than snot. Went from being nice and sunny to me encountering snow and having to turn back...and the wind! Wow. Humidity sucks when it's hot, but when I was in Arizona my skin was flaking off everywhere. Plus, it keeps the bread moist.

Quick question, is it an amateur hike? We have some really cool hard places around here. But i'm always up for a good try. I love repelling. Optimal spots for that??

Hal9000

Forum Captain
Steves

Well, replying Steve, after examining all the photos...I think that my comment applies to both of you equally. Although you look more likely to strangle them with that tubing than second Steve.

Suzi, it's an easy hike. I don't think that they allow ropes though. :( Sorry.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
n516162060_403547_6882.jpg

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Um, yes on the lights, I don't know about the sirens.
We are allowed to have amber lights, since we are all registered emergency services workers. It's just that I don't know anybody that has them. They are going to be installed on our new truck, but I don't know when we'd use them.
You see, we've never had a vehicle before, just a trailer that board members tow with a bunch of our group gear in it (snowshoes, radios,a couple of stokes, etc.)
We buy all our own gear, and when it comes to spending money on things for our vehicles, we tend to go for spotlights, high lifts, winches, etc. We're all volunteer, and pay for our own fuel, food, gear...lights come under "someday, after I get that nice Swamp Rat/new pack/laser light."

What do the CO teams run with? Any recommendations?
Heck of a truck, that Titan is...lots of legroom, even in the back seat.

We're all volunteers out here in CO too.

We are allowed to have red and blues and sirens... a few members of the team have them on their POVs - mainly because they worked for an emergency vehicle lighting company. We very, very, very rarely run code. In my experience on the team we have run code once - because a motorbike rider had crashed in a remote area about 2 miles away from any road access. The FD had no way to get a paramedic into him besides on foot, and we were nearby and had ATVs, so they requested us code 3.

Don't have any good recommendations on vehicle stuff. I'm far from knowledgeable in that area. I will tell you that our mobile command post is a giant converted ancient bread truck that is absolutely terrifying to drive.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Here's a pic of the rig I ride in.

DSCF0323.jpg

Here's a pic of me. The car in the background is another members POV.
n1260148135_30133109_8174.jpg

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Lucid, you're so pretty!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha thank you.

Cindy and I are mole-twins. B)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh and Gilly you are gorgeous. So is your cake. Mmmmm

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
Better late then never?

Here's me the summer after High School...
n1377060091_14574_486.jpg

And here's me a few weeks ago. Note the rediscovery of the haircut, the dieting, and the beautiful girlfriend.
n866065095_4380711_8324.jpg

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Suppose I'll chime in here

thanksgivingmoonsunset048-1.jpg

At work:
MeandtheDeuce-1.jpg

Bored at post at 3am:
236newdrugbag002-1.jpg

Sasha

Forum Chief
Suppose I'll chime in here

thanksgivingmoonsunset048-1.jpg

At work:
MeandtheDeuce-1.jpg

Bored at post at 3am:
236newdrugbag002-1.jpg

Heeeey baby B) Are you in any chest discomfort? Cause Id love to run a 12 lead on you :p

jochi1543

Forum Captain
I should've chosen a different username, it's the same as on another forum where I have to be a lot more concerned about my privacy, so I don't wanna have any pix linked to it....but I suppose I could post one of my YearbookYourself experiments, since it's pretty hard to identify someone by one of those chops.:p

JheriCurl2.jpg

LOL....:wacko: Now everybody here will be picturing me with a Jheri curl...:rolleyes:

Scout

Para-Noid
but surely the knitting community would not interact with the ems gang?

Looked like a nice shawl get it finished?,,, at this point i realise i need to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.