Faces behind the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
DSC02916.jpg

I finally worked out how to put a photo on here:rolleyes:
The lad is my nephew's son, visiting us from the USA.
The photo was taken in Auckland Harbour NZ.
This was my first time steering my brother's yacht. Only thing I didn't like about it, was no brakes! ;)

Cheers Enjoynz

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
This was my first time steering my brother's yacht. Only thing I didn't like about it, was no brakes! ;)

Cheers Enjoynz

You have brakes.... time and distance!:p

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Or a bigger boat in your path. :p

When I work at a marina renting Jet Skis to tourists (I know, I am my own job security :rolleyes:), I instruct them like this, "these things have no brakes. The only thing that will stop you is time, distance, and another object. We really prefer time and distance over an object. However, if you feel that an object would best stop you, please know that the nearest Trauma Center is in Atlantic City, a helicopter is expensive, and you will be buying the marina a new PWC. Any questions?"

Usually works. We always get a couple smackasses who want to test my knowledge of area trauma centers. I always win. :ph34r:

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Or a bigger boat in your path. :p

Speaking from experience there sailor!;)

BLSBoy:
I think I'll stick to something with 4 wheels and pedals. Was a nice day out though. Not everyday you are asked to steer a 59 foot yacht for an hour or so.
It was the large amount of jet boats, other yachts, and large ships about, that had this land lover a little worried.......:blush:

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Im not new to the site, but I dont think ive ever posted in this thread, so here it goes.

2861_552033643064_7304269_33302902_.jpg

5450_561394888054_7304269_33700648_.jpg

n7304269_31643019_9388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant

kai.kasin

Forum Probie
picture.php

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
DSC02916.jpg

I finally worked out how to put a photo on here:rolleyes:
The lad is my nephew's son, visiting us from the USA.
The photo was taken in Auckland Harbour NZ.

Cheers Enjoynz

Nice pic. In your training you list PC2 is that Police Constable 2nd class or is it short for something else.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Nice pic. In your training you list PC2 is that Police Constable 2nd class or is it short for something else.

Thanks.:)
No, PC2 stands for Primary Care 2...It's not the same as Primary Care in
Canada though. More a cross between Medical First Responder and Basic EMT, I guess.
Up until recently, it was the first level you could man the ambulance.

Cheers Enjoynz

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Can I play with your monkey? :ph34r:

::wardance::
Is that the James Bond theme I hear playing in the background? :p

You caught me. Actually that photo is from awkwardfamilyphotos.com.

I do have several awkward photos of me as a child......I was a hick.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Im not new to the site, but I dont think ive

You look very similar to a guy my husband used to work with. They say everyone has a twin. On a side note, the monkey.... kudos to you, I would have run screaming like a girl in the opposite direction.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
You look very similar to a guy my husband used to work with. They say everyone has a twin. On a side note, the monkey.... kudos to you, I would have run screaming like a girl in the opposite direction.

the monkey was from when i was living in Costa Rica doing research, it was an injured one that some locals had found and we were rehabilitating

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
snapshot3yx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.