Epiglottitis?

aidan

Forum Crew Member
I agree with bossycow. Probably not even that much. Anyways. I forgot when I posted but I think what happened was she started feeling better and was out and around the next day. I took her to my work christmas party and she started feeling sick. We got home and she was in total pain so we went to her house and it got worse. A cold towel on her head seemed to help and it was bearable. Than I guess that night she woke up in pain and kept telling her mom she wanted to go to the ER. But like I said her mom is against it. I got a text at 6am the next day saying that she was going in. So I call her and head over there. Shes in the ER and they take her in in a couple of minutes. Start an IV and give her an opioid blocker thats stronger than heroin, and I dont know what else. A steroid...and I think maybe some other thing. Took her to go get a CT scan and blood tests and ruled out mono, mumps, meningitis, and absest. Admitted her and started her on two drugs via IV at first, than I think just one after. Sorry didnt get the names of them. One started with a "C" is all I remember. So the got her a room and ran the drugs and I think shes getting pill and probably just left as Im typing this. So I will see her soon.

Its not my girlfriend who is against medical stuff, somewhat, but it is her mom. I know the decision is up to her but she still lives under her moms house and needed her help and stuff.

An opiod blocker stronger than heroin?? Narcan?

Geez. Her mom sounds absolutely ridiculous..too bad your g/f isn't 17, if she was and I were you, I'd do everything I could to get her charged with neglect<_<

OP
OP
MattCA

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
An opiod blocker stronger than heroin?? Narcan?

Geez. Her mom sounds absolutely ridiculous..too bad your g/f isn't 17, if she was and I were you, I'd do everything I could to get her charged with neglect<_<

No not narcan. Unless there was another name for it. Ha I know. There was a point where I was so stressed out and mad and would like to get her charged for neglect. Shes one of those people that thinks shes "always right".

Did you here the story about the girl who had diabetes and her family never got her medical attention because they believed prayer would cure her and she ended up dying? Im religious, but I would still have gotten medical help.

aidan

Forum Crew Member
No not narcan. Unless there was another name for it. Ha I know. There was a point where I was so stressed out and mad and would like to get her charged for neglect. Shes one of those people that thinks shes "always right".

Did you here the story about the girl who had diabetes and her family never got her medical attention because they believed prayer would cure her and she ended up dying? Im religious, but I would still have gotten medical help.

Naloxone...

I haven't heard of that exact story, but I've heard about and have seen WAY too many cases of similar stories (I live in a really religious area but am atheist).. especially Christian Scientists. But yes, it's sad.. and it personally disgusts me. I don't care about anyone's religious belief when it comes to the life of their child. If the person is an adult and would rather die than get medical help, by all means more power to them. Just not their kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

VentMedic

Forum Chief

Has your girlfriend been abused? Held against her will? Threatened?

If not, the courts will rule an 18 year old is an adult unless she can prove she has some condition that would make her legally less mature or more child like than her age. If that is the situation, you might want to examine your relationship with her.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

If not, the courts will rule an 18 year old is an adult unless she can prove she has some condition that would make her legally less mature or more child like than her age. If that is the situation, you might want to examine your relationship with her.

I don't think a parent can 'neglect' a legal adult who is able to make decisions and care for themselves. Neglect is only for those who cannot care for themselves.. children, the elderly, handicapped etc.

aidan

Forum Crew Member
I don't think a parent can 'neglect' a legal adult who is able to make decisions and care for themselves. Neglect is only for those who cannot care for themselves.. children, the elderly, handicapped etc.

right.. if they're over eighteen and in a sufficient mental state, then the parents can't be blamed. However..after 18 years of living with the parents described above, and probably constantly reinforced why one should never go to a doctor... it raises questions as to whether or not that 18 year old is able to competently make decisions for their own well being..

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You can be neglectful of an adult if the subject is dependent upon you.

"Neglect" is abuse without intent and by absent action or absent caution. Abuse involves intent and action, or willful inaction.
Again, this is blind man's diagnosis. Beware the needy but not present.-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MattCA

MattCA

Forum Crew Member

I know im saying IF she was under 18. Of course the decision is hers.

I think one of the drugs might have been Naloxone, but only one dose. Isnt that the same as Narcan?