Entry Level EMT Cover Letter/Resume Critique

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Your cover letter is getting immediately thrown in the trash. I dont care because there is nothing you are going to say that i dont already know or figure out during an interview.
While I agree that it's a waste of paper, and going in the trash, I would absolutely include it when you submit your application, especially if the application is online. Some companies only hire people who include the cover letter, as a way to weed out those who aren't willing to put for the extra effort. Is it a waste of your time, a waste of paper, and generally a worthless piece of paper? absolutely, but since you already have one written, I would make sure to include it.

Your resume looks good, though in formatting i would put your certs after your employment history, as thats what i care about more.
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you, in this situation only. Had the OP had any experience in EMS, or public safety, than I would agreed with you. However, since he has none, the only thing that will get him the interview is the initial confirmation that he has the proper certifications for the job..

This field (as well as others) is filled with hiring managers who fear hiring "over qualified" applicants, where either their education (college), certification (paramedic applying for an EMT spot) or experience, because they think the person will leave when a better offer comes around, or because the new hire will see how stupidly the organization operates and will want to make things better, when some managers simply want to hire (and promote) yes men.

One thing I would suggest is to change the formatting, and use a MS word template to make it stand out. I know on here, it's pretty basic text, but different fonts and formatting can make it easier to read, and easier to have the important stuff catch the hiring manager's eye. Good luck.