EMT's involved in head-on collision

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like it was a Rocky Mountain truck. Thoughts go out to the crew of the bus :( hoping its not a crew I know :(

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
Could have just as easily been someone from my company. :sad: I heard through the grapevine the one that isn't doing well is bad about wearing her seatbelt.

I couldn't see any signs of which company it was...just saw the SF County fire & rescue, and the car involved. Maybe I missed it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Jan over at NM region three told me it was a Rocky truck. I'll toss Joe a text and ask him to make sure it wasn't a Vegas or SF unit.

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
Jan over at NM region three told me it was a Ricky truck. I'll toss Joe a text and ask him to make sure it wasn't a Vegas or SF unit.

Sounds good. Kinda makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end a bit, ya know?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds good. Kinda makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end a bit, ya know?
Ya I know the feeling. I saw it right after I git on shift this morning. I was worried it might be one of the guys I used to work with on night shift. (i used to run nights in 3100)

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank God they had just dropped off their patient.

So the patient deserved a pass and the EMTs got what was coming??? If this was what was intended, then what's the problem here?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
This sounds suspiciously like a suicide. If so, it reaallly sucks someone is that selfish

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
Scary how small the EMS world is. I even did a double-take when you mentioned Joe! :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got confirmation from my ex that it was a Rocky truck. She said Joe has been fielding phone calls about it all day.

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
I'm sure he has. It freaks all of us out, naturally. :) Thanks for the update - I figured Joe was getting bombarded and I didn't want to add to the dog pile. I don't know anybody over at Rocky...but they're all brothers & sisters to me anyway.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
So the patient deserved a pass and the EMTs got what was coming??? If this was what was intended, then what's the problem here?

Huh??? :blink: Where the heck did you get that from?? What I meant was had the patient been in the back, that would have been one more injury or fatality. Why in the world would you think I was saying the EMT got what she deserved?? Good lord.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Until I read this I wouldn't have figured a passenger car would be a threat to occupants in the front seat of an ambulance. Sad.

ShannahQuilts

Forum Crew Member

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything so nonsensical. Personally, I'm glad that there was one less potential victim. I wish there had been even fewer victims (read: 0) but having one less person in an MVA seems like it can only be a good thing.

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
I don't think I've ever seen you post anything so nonsensical. Personally, I'm glad that there was one less potential victim. I wish there had been even fewer victims (read: 0) but having one less person in an MVA seems like it can only be a good thing.

My point exactly Shannah. I didn't expect to have to explain that, in fact I didn't even see that comment (akflightmedic's) at first.

OP
OP
EMTMama

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
Until I read this I wouldn't have figured a passenger car would be a threat to occupants in the front seat of an ambulance. Sad.

Me either. If I'm not mistaken, it was one of those vambulances (which is mainly what my company uses as well). I haven't been in the field for very long at all, and from what I've been told they aren't as sturdy as the box trucks. Plus you have to take into consideration that the driver of the car was going 100+ MPH. That's bound to do damage to just about anything. The EMT has since been released from the hospital, which I was really glad to hear. Not too long ago our local newspaper did a front page article with the title "She Was A Good Person", and it was interviews of various people defending the driver of the car that caused this whole thing. :angry: 911 tapes have also been released of an employee from the restaurant where they had been drinking. The employee tried to stop them from driving and offered to call them a cab, and even said "I can either call you a cab, or call the police", and both girls said "call the police." They could be heard yelling at the employee in the background while he was on the phone with dispatch. Yep, she sounds like a fantastic person to me.