EMTResource.com - LF Moderators, Authors, Bloggers

Code 3

Forum Captain
Hello everyone,

I recently created a new website called EMTResource.com. The website is still under development and I'm currently looking for people interested in becoming forum moderators, authors and bloggers. If you would like your own blog section or would like to share your knowledge by publishing an article, please let me know! Also, if you come across any inaccurate or out-of-date information shoot me a message so that I can edit it accordingly.

This new site is not meant to be in competition with other forums, such as this one, but more so a place for current EMT's and EMT students to refresh their knowledge or use as an online study resource. Any help or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
Question for you.

I have a question I am hoping you might be able to answer since I am assuming you have some experience with coding. . .

Do you know how to go about getting the facebook "like" button with the facebook pictures of those who click on it displayed?

Thanks

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Very nice looking site. Did you design it? What did you use?

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey, your site looks really cool. One little nit-picking thing is how fast the "headlines" change. I am a very fast reader and I can barely keep up. Do you understand what I'm referring to? Would this be a quick fix?

Anywho, if you want a dispatcher's POV (and I've worked almost everything but the actual ambulance lol) I'd be happy to contribute.

OP
OP
Code 3

Code 3

Forum Captain
I have a question I am hoping you might be able to answer since I am assuming you have some experience with coding. . .

Do you know how to go about getting the facebook "like" button with the facebook pictures of those who click on it displayed?

Thanks

I know exactly what you're talking about and just saw it on a website yesterday. I haven't really looked in to it, but if I end up using something like that in the future I will definitely send you the code.

LucidResq said:
Hey, your site looks really cool. One little nit-picking thing is how fast the "headlines" change. I am a very fast reader and I can barely keep up. Do you understand what I'm referring to? Would this be a quick fix?

Anywho, if you want a dispatcher's POV (and I've worked almost everything but the actual ambulance lol) I'd be happy to contribute.

Yeah, they are currently set to 3 seconds. If you mouse-over in the bottom right-hand corner of the slideshow you can pause it. I will adjust the time to something a little longer. Thanks for the advice! I'm still looking for authors/bloggers to write articles or publish stories. If you're interested, just shoot me an e-mail through the website.

Chimpie said:
Very nice looking site. Did you design it? What did you use?

Thanks for the compliment! The website uses a CMS software called Joomla. It's open source and free to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Code 3

Code 3

Forum Captain
You've probably seen it on MSNBC.com on an article about Ford ambulances. It's a well-circulated image.