Emt student

megamillion5

Forum Ride Along
I'm new on here, but have been reading stories on here for a while. I'm about to start my EMT-B and was wondering what classes y'all might recommend I take?

Willing to try anything, just looking for a little guidence:)

Thanks for any input!

Meg

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand what you are asking. Do you want to know what EMT-B programs are good in your area, or are you asking about textbooks and study aides, or something else?

OP
OP
M

megamillion5

Forum Ride Along
I've been urged to take Pharmacology and possibly even Medical Terminology. Just wondering what you might recommend or what you did differently.

Thank You! :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
I guess that depends on how much you want to understand or if you plan on going further than just a basic. If your thinking about medic school later most places require A&P and medical terminology as pre-reqs. If your just wanting to learn and understand things more the options are limitless. I have come to realize that I am very much interested in the how and why things work the way they do. I will be taking an A&P and chemistry class next semester. Followed up with A&P II and biology. After that, who knows. I don't think there is such a thing as to much education so figure out where it is your interests lie and go from there. The great thing about the medical field is that the sky really is the limit.

phillips1210

Forum Probie
I just completed my EMT-B class and passed national registry. I found Biology, Medicdal Terminology, and Human Anatomy an Physiology to be very helpful in my success of my EMT class.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Any human biology class will be helpful, and A&P 1 and 2 will be extremely helpful (and maybe even required) if you decide to move on to paramedic school.