EMT-I Students

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
I saw they have a spot for EMT-B students, and a spot for paramedic students. Now there is a spot for the in between EMT-I students.
Our second week of class so far has been pretty much review of Basic, and patient assessment. Soon it will be IVs and Airways.B)

Some of the best partners I've had were SPECS. It's a fading level however, I find the defined skills SPEC's bring to the table often makes calls run smoothly.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes how dare you start a thread discussing your RECOGNISED level of certification on an EMS forum. :wacko:

goodgrief

Forum Lieutenant
Levels

I am currently in EMT-I class right now, but I dont understand something with even the new levels

What is the point under the new system of having EMT and AEMT? Why not just have
first responder--control blood loss and cpr,
EMT--advance airway, small med push, IVs
Paramedic-stand around and yell. (just kidding)

I really dont understand the point of having two different levels of EMT,

A cop is a cop is a cop. But an EMT is never just an EMT

JCampbell

Forum Crew Member
I am currently in EMT-I class right now, but I dont understand something with even the new levels

What is the point under the new system of having EMT and AEMT? Why not just have
first responder--control blood loss and cpr,
EMT--advance airway, small med push, IVs
Paramedic-stand around and yell. (just kidding)

I really dont understand the point of having two different levels of EMT,

A cop is a cop is a cop. But an EMT is never just an EMT

Unless you're a traffic cop, mounted cop, foot patrol cop, motorcycle cop, bike cop, SWAT cop, etc... and then you have Patrolman, LCPL, CPL, SGT, LT, CPT, and Chief. There are different specialties and ranks in a lot of professions. Anyway, class is going great for me, 8hrs of WMD instruction coming up which is always fun, our instructor in that class has a lot of experience working for the alphabet soup agencies and brings a ton of real world knowledge to the classroom.