EMT-Basic Student

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish our medical director would let us become EMT-I's Only a few fire departments have what they call here is "expanded scope" I don't like "cram" classes either.:wacko:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I wish our medical director would let us become EMT-I's Only a few fire departments have what they call here is "expanded scope" I don't like "cram" classes either.:wacko:

Only CCT-P has an expanded scope in our county. If there's one for the EMT-B, I can't find anything about it at all.

From our county protocols:

"In addition to those optional skills approved for all paramedics in
Santa Clara County, CCT-P’s have an expanded scope that
includes the administration of intravenous nitroglycerin, potassium
chloride, lidocaine, amiodarone chloride, and heparin by pump, the
use of automatic transport ventilators for ventilator dependent
patients, and midazolam for sedation of ventilator and/or agitated
patients. "

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Only CCT-P has an expanded scope in our county. If there's one for the EMT-B, I can't find anything about it at all.

From our county protocols:

"In addition to those optional skills approved for all paramedics in
Santa Clara County, CCT-P’s have an expanded scope that
includes the administration of intravenous nitroglycerin, potassium
chloride, lidocaine, amiodarone chloride, and heparin by pump, the
use of automatic transport ventilators for ventilator dependent
patients, and midazolam for sedation of ventilator and/or agitated
patients. "

I find this ironic that these are "expanded" scope, when most paramedic programs include these as the standard curriculum. Kinda make me wonder what they teach, if these are "above" the standard level ?

This type of care is the "normal" Paramedic scope of care here. CCP is required to have more hemodynamic monitoring, in-depth ventilatory care, neonate, and in-depth pain management.

R/r 911

reese919

Forum Ride Along
Hi all! I'm currently a driver for a local ambulance service. I just started about 2 weeks ago. My current plans are to begin my EMT-B March 6th.

I'm really looking forward to this new career. My wife is already an EMT-B (she finished her classes and began work about 3 months ago) and she absolutely LOVES her job.

More to come, I'm sure! :)

Reese

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hi all! I'm currently a driver for a local ambulance service. I just started about 2 weeks ago. My current plans are to begin my EMT-B March 6th.

I'm really looking forward to this new career. My wife is already an EMT-B (she finished her classes and began work about 3 months ago) and she absolutely LOVES her job.

More to come, I'm sure! :)

Reese
Welcome to EMTLife!

I hope you stick around and continue to post :)

disassociative

Forum Captain
Wait; I thought the new EMT-B CBT's offered next day results--at least that's what the video they send out to instructors says.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi Reese!! Welcome to the tribe and good studying in you new classes!:) :) :)