EMT-B refresher books/guides

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
I've been an EMT for 2 years, and I'm taking my re-cert class in a few weeks, and I've heard through friends that it's a breeze, especially since I don't have to re-do my skills because I'm a skills proctor and have a ton of C.E.'s from 3 semesters of teaching.

My question is, are there any good books and or guides that I can buy to keep my didactic skills sharp? I don't work as an EMT currently because of my college schedule, but I am starting the volunteer fire academy in my county in January so I'll be getting a lot more field experience starting in May when I can actually volunteer where I live.

I bought a book at Borders a while ago that has a flashcard style set up, but I pretty much aced that and while I was browsing, I looked at the Paramedic one and was able to answer a few questions from that one too.

I was considering getting another one of the NR books, but I don't really need to study for the NR, just scenarios and medical stuff! B)

lalaneedstopass

Forum Crew Member
I bought a book at Borders a while ago that has a flashcard style set up, but I pretty much aced that and while I was browsing, I looked at the Paramedic one and was able to answer a few questions from that one too.

I got some flashcard book from Borders it was basically worthless. It didn't explain half the answers. It was generally right or wrong, not right, right, right, CORRECT. And they were basically textbook questions. IDK if it's the same book. But I did recently get some EMT-B exam review books that have from 500-1500 questions that are more scenario type and explain really well. Anything from Brady, Learning Express, Stephen Rahm-->all really helpful