EMT B Jobs in Arizona

Blueprint1970

Forum Probie
How does the Job market look in Arizona ? Looking to possibly move from San Diego to AZ for family.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
PMT and Rural Metro tend to be revolving doors in the valley. Where are you looking?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
As is Southwest ^
Just last month they had an open interview for 40 spots, they do that typically every 3 months or so. Normally is 30 or so spots open.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
As is Southwest ^
Just last month they had an open interview for 40 spots, they do that typically every 3 months or so. Normally is 30 or so spots open.

Oh yea, forgot about them. The privates in the phoenix area are really weird because they are all owned by RM, but operate as separate companies for the most part.

Dougw133

Forum Probie
I lived in Phoenix for 1 year... I came from the east and got a 6 month Temporary. I started with Southwest and quit after one week. Not my type of EMS. Corporate, egotistical you name it. Just not for me. You however may like it. You'll be doing transports for about your first year then you may move into the 911 trucks. Southwest is one of many subsidiaries of Rural Metro. You'll see postings for Fire/EMT jobs in indian reservations that are public. Don't bother they will not hire non native's. The plus side is even the burbs of Phoenix are ALL paid Fire/EMS these days. Very little volunteer around. I'd say southwest would be the easiest if you need to get a paycheck quick, however if you keep your eyes pealed you may find better positions in Glendale, Surprise, Goodyear, Mesa etc... The pay is about average to low if you ask me. I forget what I started at. I am a medic I believe SW started me around 14.50/hr back in 2008. Good luck.