EMS Video Lectures - Any Interest?

Wil Parker

Forum Ride Along
Hi all!

Our company is on the hunt for some lecturers to do some pre-recorded work for us. Were looking to build a database of pre-recorded EMS based video lectures on some various topics.

This will include all the basic topics you might expect. Were likely going to need a handful of people interested in doing these videos for us for awhile (Until the database is completed!). Compensation would of course be provided for each video.

Past experience filming lectures is a bonus, but not a requirement. If you don't have any past experience, we'd love to see some sort of quick 5 minute demo to show us your skills. The lecture style were looking for would have the camera on you, thus a decent computer/camera/internet connection would be must have.

If you might be interested in doing this or want some more information. Shoot me a message and I can help to get the ball rolling. OR - If you know of anybody who might be interested, let me know. People, other communities...you name it.

Thanks!

-Wil

(Hopefully this post is alright for this sub-forum? :) )

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Hey man, I do this at the agency I am clinical educator at. We built a library of most of the various skills to serve as an orientation, con ed, and just for updates.

If you have a training officer or educator in house I'd say you'd do best with getting them to do this as they will know exactly what your service expects. I'll admit it's time consuming.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As FF-EMT stated your best option would be to attempt to do it in house. How areas do certain skills varies (sometimes greatly). So if you have someone who only used D-rings for back boarding make a video but you only use spider straps in your area, then the video will pretty much be useless. (Aside from the fact back boards are pretty much useless)

OP
OP
Wil Parker

Wil Parker

Forum Ride Along
Thank you all for the responses, I appreciate it! I should have included some additional details!

This is a new business thats looking to provide an online education for individuals and agencies. Thus why were looking for someone to bringing on to assist us versus having "in-house" do it.

Any advice on how to find someone perhaps? =)

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Again find someone from your area, even though it's online education your target audience is still going to be in your immediate area for right now.

To do that I'd first go to the educators and training officers and poke around and see if there is any interest. Your presenters need to be really good if you're wanting to make a go at a business, ems lectures and skills demo are fairly boring and dry material as is so a poor presenter could hurt your chances badly.