ems pants

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
got a galls catalog and just wondering what is the most comfortable pants that someone would suggest

phildo

Forum Crew Member
Horace Small is an excellent brand. Expensive, but then you get what you pay for. My wear pr*tu7f7f. They fade and wear through in embarrASSing places.

OP
OP
N

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
not looking for the most expensive but something that will last a bit and fit fairly good

OP
OP
N

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
seems like thats what most of the catalogs ive seen kind of push, are they pretty good as far as durability and crotch room and what not?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
5.11 makes a great product. roomy in the front if you need that much room... durability is about the best I have seen.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm a fan of both the 5.11 pants and the new Propper Critical Edge pants

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't like typical EMS pants. I do, however, like the LA Police Gear Basic Operator Pants. Great fit, durable and less than 20 bucks a pair. That's a win!

reaper

Working Bum
I have never seen any brand hold up better then Elbecos. They are comfortable, handle washing great and last for years of hard use.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I have been wearing the ****ies 5 pocket pants, they have a little side pocket just above my RIGHT knee. I like them because they are cheap (20 bucks a pair), durable like no other, and HAVE WIDE BOTTOM LEG openings. I hate pants that don't fit over my boots. Not only do they look stupid but everything I get in the medic or crouch etc they come above the top of your boots etc etc.

With that being said my only gripe with them is sometimes its had to get their navy to match up with my issued tee-shirt navy color. I know the 5.11 pants match our uniforms perfect but I have read alot of reviews on their website about wear problems in a short amount of washes. That has me concerned about trying a pair esp when they are 50 bucks each.

My department issues Horace Small flat front pants for our class B uniform and some EMS style pants called "The Force". The Horace smalls has NO crotch room whatsoever and both have very narrow openings at the bottoms for boots :sad: thus why I buy my own pants

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
FYI - The Force, like Horace Small, is a VF Imagewear brand - as far as I can tell, they are the same.

I find they fit well and are built like tanks.

Rip Shears

Forum Probie
I've used the 5.11 pants and they're terrible unless you have little toothpick legs. Just try stepping up onto something above your knee...the fabric completely binds up on your thigh so you have to work against the pants. They totally restrict freedom of movement, and the crotch isn't well-gusseted, either. I prefer a standard BDU pant in either black or navy blue. FWIW, I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs...so I'm not a total lard-*** trying to fit into pants 2 sizes too small. Just saying...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I happen to like Spiewak EMS pants. The cargo pockets are zippered shut, which means stuff doesn't fall out when you are sitting or laying down. plus they hold up very well to the abuse I have put them thought. I don't think I have worn though a pair yet and have been wearing them for over 3 years at work.

orange20medic

Forum Crew Member
I like the 5.11 EMS pants and the 5.11 tactical pants. I have blue EMS and black tacticals and neither of them have faded at all. The EMS pants are nice because they have 4 cargo pockets, pen holders in the pockets, and places for your shears.

The place I work at buys the Cintas pants. They're horrible. They ride up and wear easily.

I have also tried wearing Blauers. They aren't too bad, but I think they are extremely uncomfortable. They're also pricy.

5.11's are definitely worth the money.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I like the 5.11 EMS pants and the 5.11 tactical pants. I have blue EMS and black tacticals and neither of them have faded at all. The EMS pants are nice because they have 4 cargo pockets, pen holders in the pockets, and places for your shears.

The place I work at buys the Cintas pants. They're horrible. They ride up and wear easily.

I have also tried wearing Blauers. They aren't too bad, but I think they are extremely uncomfortable. They're also pricy.

5.11's are definitely worth the money.

+1, I love my 5.11 pants, I just got a pair of the "Taclite" EMS pants and they are great, However I wish they made them in black instead of just blue.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I've used the 5.11 pants and they're terrible unless you have little toothpick legs. Just try stepping up onto something above your knee...the fabric completely binds up on your thigh so you have to work against the pants. They totally restrict freedom of movement, and the crotch isn't well-gusseted, either. I prefer a standard BDU pant in either black or navy blue. FWIW, I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs...so I'm not a total lard-*** trying to fit into pants 2 sizes too small. Just saying...

Hmm that is weird, I am 5' 9" 200lbs and wear a 34/30 in their pants and have never had that problem.

orange20medic

Forum Crew Member
+1, I love my 5.11 pants, I just got a pair of the "Taclite" EMS pants and they are great, However I wish they made them in black instead of just blue.

Yeah I wish that too! My company requires black, hence why I switched to the plain 5.11 tactical pants.

DitchDoctorGabe

Forum Probie
I have to agree 5.11 are great and really hold up. I believe there's a cotton/poly blend and it holds up and doesn't fade as bad as pure cotton.