EMS Jobs SoCal

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a paramedic and just need a job at this point. I'm stuck here for at least a year or two and would like something where I'm not stuck doing BLS transfers all day every day. I do have a couple years of ALS 9-1-1 experience under my belt. Any suggestions?

Hmmmmmm Bakersfield huh, why not try Hall Ambulance?

energystar

Forum Crew Member
I second Hall. There is also kern county ambulance, Delano ambulance and Liberty if I remember correctly. All run ALS 911.

OP
OP
R

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I need something south of Kern County. Willing to do anything, but would prefer 9-1-1. I've turned in apps to every AMR there is down here and have been told the generic "up to 6 months until an interview."

energystar

Forum Crew Member
McCormick runs into the San Fernando valley such as calabasas, Malibu, augora hills. Are you moving into LACo?

OP
OP
R

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I currently live in Orange County but as everyone knows you can't be a paramedic unless you're a firefighter. I applied to McCormick and have been calling them 2-3 times a week without a response. A couple guys that work there have told me you need to know someone for them to even look at your app =(

JPINFV

Gadfly
OP
OP
R

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
Little off topic, but I'm all for fire running the show on medical aids. What I disagree with is the fire departments putting up a blockade on potential business for the private sector. Fire departments are a government body and SHOULD NOT be run like a business. Everyone went through the same schooling so you can't say a firefighter/medic is better than a private or vice versa.