EMS during the terror attack in bulgaria and Israeli EMS forces aid

MDAIsrael

Forum Ride Along
hi :)
i'm new here so please let me know if i should have posted this somewhere else but please don't delete the thread.
----------------------------------------

As you might know, on July 18th a terror attack took place at Burgas,Bulgaria when a bus with Israelis exploded. 5 were killed and 36 were wounded - 3 of them are in critical condition.
but the attack itself is not what I want to discuss here. i wanted to know what you think about the treatment of the local EMS services and the Israeli EMS delegation.

Since the EMS service in bulgaria and espacially in burgas is in a very poor condition (they have only 8(!) ambulances in the whole 300,000 citizens city) and unexperienced in this kind of trauma - it was decided in israel to send an israeli delegation consisting dozens of Paramedics and doctors from Magen David Adom (Israel's national ambulance and emergency service), IDF forces and ZAKA valenties (the guys who handle the bodies).

many of the victims complained about the poor treatment of the bulgarian EMS services and hospital: it took a very long time for them to arrive,people were seperated from other family members without knowing if they are dead or alive, EMS wasn't proffesional and hospital treatment was very poor and without any advanced eqiepment.

by now 33 of the injured were trasported back to israel by two c-130 hercules IDF planes and 3 others are in critacl condition and hospitalized in bulgaria's capital and will be transported back to israel by tommorow.

a few photos (will be added as soon as i get to 5 posts as this forum won't allow me to post photos until then). you can check them out here: goo[]gl/ob9fK (add a "." instead of the "[]"). you really should check out the photos to understand what i'm talking about!

I wanted to ask you a few questions about it:
1. what do you think about the delegation?
2. what do you think your country will do if somthing like this happend to its civilians instead?
3. did you ever witnessed an operation like this before?
4. did you ever had to deal with a terror attack during your EMS work? or any other MCI with more than 20 - 30 injured?

please share your opinion about this subject :)

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
First and foremost, my thoughts go out to all the Israeli citizens. While I've never had to deal with a terrorist attack, I have medical evac'd people on a C-130. Hopefully you can post of the photographs, because I am interested to see Magen David Adom and the IDF working.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Israel is nothing but prepared and has excellent expertise in EMS. I lived in Israel from 1999-2001 and was always so impressed with the EMS service there. Bulgaria is a place that has a poorly funded EMS system, in addition to little experience is mass casualty incidents. The swift actions of the Israeli government and MDA surely saved many lives by immediately and without delay transporting the victims to a place where they could receive the top care possible.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I was able to check out those photos you gave in the link. That is an extremely impressive convoy and operation.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
As usual, Israelis know how to handle a bad situation!
Every time I've been in Israel, I've been very impressed with MDA. Would love to volley with them for a summer!