Emergency meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow, checked out that bag. I got 2 similar but in od green. I am more than likely going to run into a traumatic injury than anything else. Anyone have any review on the KED. seems better than the stretcher I have.

KED>Stretcher all day :rolleyes:

Can we just merge this with the 100% directionless thread :wub:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm honestly starting to wonder if this is an attempt at trolling....

OP
OP
A

alaska1996

Forum Probie
I'll go find a telemetrist (telemetry person) to talk to. My knowledge seems to be out an EMTs league, no offence, just not something you do.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'll go find a telemetrist (telemetry person) to talk to. My knowledge seems to be out an EMTs league, no offence, just not something you do.

Care to explain this comment?

We have EMT's, AEMT's, Medics, CNA's, RN's, flight crews, and Doctor's on this forum. What knowledge will a "telemetrist" have that isn't already present on this forum?

OP
OP
A

alaska1996

Forum Probie
I'm not going to give up. I was just hoping for a legal way to obtain said drugs. Seems my knowledge goes beyond an EMT, no offence, it's just not something you have to do.
Handling a code in the sticks is not impossible, just not favorable.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The legal way to obtain those drugs was answered in the second post of this thread. The rest of it consisted of questioning the purpose and effectiveness of carrying those drugs for the situation you described.

And nobody ever said working a code in the wilderness was impossible...what we were saying was it's not always practical.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Your knowledge isn't out of our league. Your goals are. What you are proposing is utterly preposterous and very likely illegal. From what I can tell you want to pack around a fully stocked ambulance in your RV, "just in case". This makes very little sense, and you don't seem to have a good grasp of what you plan on doing in the even of an actual emergency.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Seems my knowledge goes beyond an EMT, no offence, it's just not something you have to do.

:rofl: :lol:

What is it you think that we do?! And what knowledge do you possess that's superior to that of those posting here? Are you a practicing physician? If your knowledge base is so much better than ours, you would understand the impracticality of what you are trying to do.

A telemetrist.... :lol:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Ok. I'll answer the OP's question. Yes, there's a long, but legal way to achieve said medications. First, you need 90 semester units of undergrad that includes a year of biology, year of general chemistry, year of organic chemistry, year of calc/statistics, and year of physics. Take the MCAT, apply to graduate school through the AMCAS and/or AACOMAS. Go to 4 years of graduate school. Next complete a year of paid internship. Now just apply for the appropriate licenses and you too can carry pretty much what ever drugs you want.

JPINFV

Gadfly
And nobody ever said working a code in the wilderness was impossible...what we were saying was it's not always practical.

I'm not saying that it's impossible. I just think that putting all of my money on zero on the roulette wheel would be a better bet.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not going to give up. I was just hoping for a legal way to obtain said drugs. Seems my knowledge goes beyond an EMT, no offence, it's just not something you have to do.
Handling a code in the sticks is not impossible, just not favorable.

What is your "knowledge"?

What sort of education do you have that would warrant you to have any of the items you have listed?

OP
OP
A

alaska1996

Forum Probie
Ok. I'll answer the OP's question. Yes, there's a long, but legal way to achieve said medications. First, you need 90 semester units of undergrad that includes a year of biology, year of general chemistry, year of organic chemistry, year of calc/statistics, and year of physics. Take the MCAT, apply to graduate school through the AMCAS and/or AACOMAS. Go to 4 years of graduate school. Next complete a year of paid internship. Now just apply for the appropriate licenses and you too can carry pretty much what ever drugs you want.

Thats what i wanted to hear (not really) lot of hoops to jump through.

Are there any 68 whiskeys on this site?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Thats what i wanted to hear (not really) lot of hoops to jump through.

Are there any 68 whiskeys on this site?

Yes there are, but what would they be able to tell you thats any different than what has already been said in this thread.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
There's a ton of 68W guys on here. What do you expect them to offer? They're trained to essentially the AEMT level, though can only initially qualify as EMT-Bs through NREMT. I help train them from time to time down here in SA (Fort Sam). The vast majority of them don't even deal with the meds you're looking for. They are trained for trauma. Need an IV? Tourniquet? Need a bullet hole managed? Those are your guys.

Also, the military world does not equate to the civilian world. Things that are allowed there aren't even a possibility in the civilian world.

OP
OP
A

alaska1996

Forum Probie
68 whisky is responsible for a lot more than trauma. You're right though, civilian and military are night and day different. What I was proposing is not unheard of though. Like I said those spec. ops medics hold people for days while in transport (very rare) its not something i did personally.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
68 whisky is responsible for a lot more than trauma. You're right though, civilian and military are night and day different. What I was proposing is not unheard of though. Like I said those spec. ops medics hold people for days while in transport (very rare) its not something i did personally.

68W and 18D are two hugely different practitioners of medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.