Elite ambulance got raided?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I am hearing that Elite ambulance got raided, anyone hear anything about it?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Raided? I heard they are no more. Doors closed, shut down.

Al Lorris

Forum Ride Along
Yup. Raided, huge audit, owners fled, left EMTs hanging...

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Raided? I heard they are no more. Doors closed, shut down.
I can tell you for sure that doors are not closed. The phone is being answered and they still performing work it sounded like when I asked for a quote today in the morning.

Al Lorris

Forum Ride Along
My brother lives a few blocks away from there (Venice and Arlington). I always pass by there. I haven't seen a single ambulance move since last week. I can take pictures, but I don't want to break an entry. Not worth my time. I also have a few old co-workers that used to work there that gave me the news. Maybe they're trying to operate on a low-pro like GCTI is doing with Phoenix? Not sure, but a possibility. Elite also has a wheelchair dept as well.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
My brother lives a few blocks away from there (Venice and Arlington). I always pass by there. I haven't seen a single ambulance move since last week. I can take pictures, but I don't want to break an entry. Not worth my time. I also have a few old co-workers that used to work there that gave me the news. Maybe they're trying to operate on a low-pro like GCTI is doing with Phoenix? Not sure, but a possibility. Elite also has a wheelchair dept as well.

I wonder if they would call in backup provider if i really needed the transport. As for their wheelchair department, it's actually separate company which technically owned by someone else and is run by someone else. As for GCTI, i seen their own rigs as well.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Unless you have a good, confirmable source for the claim, it is purely speculating at this point.

Acej10

Forum Probie
I was one of there employees and i can tell you that from one day to the next they shut down. Abulances were being taken. There was like 5 18wheelers there loaded with them. The story i was told was that medicate no longer wanted to pay us and we were owed over $800,000

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Elite is no more. Good thing I didn't get stuck at that place >_<

Docroth8404

Forum Ride Along
Yea lol but for me that was my foot in the door. I was there for only 2 weeks when this happened
I applied at Elite
Yea lol but for me that was my foot in the door. I was there for only 2 weeks when this happened
That sucks. I know a few guys from Elite. I was about to start there when they shut down. If you are still looking, Firstmed out of Sun Valley just hired me and they're looking for EMT's. Management is awesome. Plenty of overtime, so im happy. Im fixed at two 24's at 11/hr!

Acej10

Forum Probie
I applied at Elite

That sucks. I know a few guys from Elite. I was about to start there when they shut down. If you are still looking, Firstmed out of Sun Valley just hired me and they're looking for EMT's. Management is awesome. Plenty of overtime, so im happy. Im fixed at two 24's at 11/hr!
Ima apply there. I got hired at liberty but its way to far and out of the way for me. I live in sunvalley so that would be awesome.i passed an amr written test but the damg skills test is 2weeks from today. Its ridiculous

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Ima apply there. I got hired at liberty but its way to far and out of the way for me. I live in sunvalley so that would be awesome.i passed an amr written test but the damg skills test is 2weeks from today. Its ridiculous

Umm.....why is that ridiculous?