ECG Strip: Strange QRS Complexes

18G

Paramedic
I acquired this 12-lead and wasn't so sure about the QRS complexes in some of the leads specifically leads III, avf, and V1. I have never seen QRS morphology like this. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

Patient History:
34 y/o male, no cardiac or resp history. Does have hx of pre-diabetes only. Average physical condition. Is currently experiencing high levels of anxiety and stress and has been over past month due to a circumstantial family situation. Also, occasional smoker (pack a week sporadically) and consumer of moderate, daily caffeine (soda).

Does anyone have any idea what causes QRS complexes to appear like this?

LINK TO 12-LEAD

scan0001gr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
18G

18G

Paramedic
Paging TomB.. Paging TomB... :)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Physiological left axis deviation.

And that's all I'm going to say about that EKG :p

Medic87

Forum Probie
I acquired this 12-lead and wasn't so sure about the QRS complexes in some of the leads specifically leads III, avf, and V1. I have never seen QRS morphology like this. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

Patient History:
34 y/o male, no cardiac or resp history. Does have hx of pre-diabetes only. Average physical condition. Is currently experiencing high levels of anxiety and stress and has been over past month due to a circumstantial family situation. Also, occasional smoker (pack a week sporadically) and consumer of moderate, daily caffeine (soda).

Does anyone have any idea what causes QRS complexes to appear like this?

LINK TO 12-LEAD

scan0001gr.jpg

Did you even look at the numbers on top of the page ?????Left axis deviation is -30to -90 the number on top shows -15 ! Before you jump and say that this is a left fasicular block,review your :censored::censored::censored::censored:tt!!!!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Did you even look at the numbers on top of the page ?????Left axis deviation is -30to -90 the number on top shows -15 ! Before you jump and say that this is a left fasicular block,review your :censored::censored::censored::censored:tt!!!!

Before you use a censored word in a thread, review your ANSWER THE QUESTION, don't just tell us how smart you are.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

So... how about being constructive and stating what it is instead of attacking someone?

EMSrush

Forum Captain

Linuss wrote PHYSIOLOGICAL LAD, not PATHOLOGICAL, and he was correct.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Definite left physiologic left axis. From what I can see on my phone (unable to zoom), looks like V1 has a positive R wave with an overall small complex. So I'll call that a RBBB with low voltage.

TheGodfather

Forum Lieutenant
almost looks like osborn waves to me! (im sure that im wrong, but just a thought! electrolyte/mineral deficiency?)

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
That looks like it could be Benign Early Repolerization of the Ventricle