driving record

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I'm already in. My background check is done I had mu fingerprints done around a month ago.. I just have to pass the physical. Then ill pick my job (medic) and go to meps. I have plenty of "self-control". I was 16 nuff said. The one ticket I got for going 74 in a 45 was on the interstate. I was going to a so called construction zone. And didn't see the sign. The other one where I was going 60 in a 45 I speed up right before the speed limit sign that turned to 55.

Good luck...
MEPS is where most of the disqualifications happen.

RocketMedic

I thought the army would take anyone,well not anyone but you know what I mean.

When I tried to join in 1978 it went like this Air Force,Marines,Army. I would have been a third generation career marine and should have been taken. I had a juvi record and none of the branches were hurting for bodies.

We're cutting a minimum of 80,000 soldiers in the next four years, primarily junior enlisted soldiers. There's a lot of competition to join.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We're cutting a minimum of 80,000 soldiers in the next four years, primarily junior enlisted soldiers. There's a lot of competition to join.

I've also heard 68W is overstaffed as a career field. The buddy I went to P-school in El Paso w/ is a Reserve 68W and he was told they are at about 120% staffing right now for that MOS...

RocketMedic

We're very overstaffed in some components, but the big bottleneck is the school. 4-6 months before BCT/AIT is pretty normal.