Don't Get Fired!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Just had a guy get put on probation for speaking out about a supervisor on a group page on facebook. It pissed a lot of people off at my company

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Seems like a good time to post this little reminder:

http://www.emtlife.com/faq.php?faq=account#faq_remove_my_post
Can you please remove my post?
It is imperative that you choose your words carefully before posting, as what you post is made available to the entire world. What you post in EMTLife will show up in search engine results, online archives, and even other websites for years to come. We suggest that you be careful what you post. Don't post anything specific (city, town, address, patients' names, etc.) or anything else that can get you in trouble legally.

Having said that, we do not remove posts based on user input or feedback. As long as your post doesn't violate a forum rule or law, it will remain public.

If you have any questions you can send us a message by clicking on Contact Us found at the bottom of every page.

OP
OP
lightsandsirens5

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just had a guy get put on probation for speaking out about a supervisor on a group page on facebook. It pissed a lot of people off at my company

Well, I don't see how they are entitled to being able to say whatever they want about people. They can be a p'od as they want to be, rules is rules and if you don't like them, you move.

Having been in leadership in EMS for a while, I no longer have any sympathy for those who seem to think they can say whatever they dang well please and do whatever they dang well want to, then gripe when they get hauled before the Captains Mast. After all, if you can do whatever you want to, that means I can do whatever I want to, and that includes putting in my recommendation for discipline, termination, etc.

A good guideline to follow might be this: "Would I want this, or anything vaguely like it to be said about me for the rest of the world to hear?"