Do u dream EMT??

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
The past few nights I've been having dreams of EMS. Nothing specific that I can recall, but I'd wake up with thoughts of BVMs, non rebreathers, stokes baskets, nitro, glucose, angina, and everything else dancing in my head. This happen to anyone else, esp. those that have been in the field a long time?

Maybe I'm more ready to take my test than I think.....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Nope as soon as I leave the job I forget the job.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Nope as soon as I leave the job I forget the job.

Worst post by you ever! :p

This guy is a student, and if he's thinking of this stuff in his sleep, it means he is really paying attention and processing everything and LEARNING! I was expecting you to go omg! :p^_^

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I once had a dream that I was back doing a ride-along for my class (this was months after my class ended). I woke up to my alarm clock (a beeping sound) and thought it was the tones sounding. Rather than turning it off, I lay there for a few minutes waiting for dispatch information before realizing it was all a dream.

This was an isolated incident though. Haven't dreamed about EMS since or after.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
If you wake up with morning wood after the dreams seek medical attention immediately. Trust me..... I am a Paramedic!

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
A couple nights after my first code, I dreamed that we ran it again and saved the guy that time around, even though we didn't do anything different. I think it was my brain's way of reassuring me that I'd done everything I could.

Nothing other than that, at least that I can remember. I totally turn off my EMT brain as soon as I get off.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Nope, I am usually thinking about girls. :( Schulz, if I seek medical attention by going to a really good looking RN, I think she will make the problem worse!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
i dream about the radio... no... not a dream... a nightmare.... fear the radio...
Amen.

I wake up... and occasionally worry that I slept though a call.

I don't think I dream about EMS - I don't usually remember my dreams, so IDK.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I sleep best while on call... but live in fear of my pager. When I get paged, it takes me a few moments to get out of my dream (non-EMS), and figure out I need to answer my pager.
With all of that said, I dont think I can say I've ever dreamed about EMS.

Danson

Forum Crew Member
I definitely do dream EMS. More so when I was in school, but I still do from time to time.

It's always kind of weird though.

I had a dream a few months ago that I was suctioning a raccoon.

I have no idea what that means.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I definitely do dream EMS. More so when I was in school, but I still do from time to time.

It's always kind of weird though.

I had a dream a few months ago that I was suctioning a raccoon.

I have no idea what that means.
You were predicting the future that you would go to a call for domestic violence, the patient that got beaten had raccoon eyes (black eyes), and was beating so badly that you had to suction him/her? :D That's my best guess/interpretation of your dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danson

Forum Crew Member
You were predicting the future that you would go to a call for domestic violence, the patient that got beaten had raccoon eyes (black eyes), and was beating so badly that you had to suction him/her? :D That's my best guess/interpretation of your dream.

Wow, never thought of that! When that happens I'll let you know.