Denver Medics

medic01

Forum Probie
Moving to Colorado and want more than anything to get on with Denver. Any suggestions out there. Have been in field over 10 years in various setting really like what I have seen with Denver Medics.

OP
OP
M

medic01

Forum Probie
either or just gasthering information. For the city I am looking to make some contacts so I can get to know the system and maybee get an insight to the hiring process. Denver county I know there are a bunch I will be starting in Aurora with Rural metro.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
remember that when people think Denver they think Denver metro. There are alot of citys in the metro area. So are you against other citys like Northglenn or Aurora ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

medic01

Forum Probie
remember that when people think Denver they think Denver metro. There are alot of citys in the metro area. So are you against other citys like Northglenn or Aurora ect.

As I stated in the originall post which you apparently did not read completley. I will be working in Aurora. I am just looking for information on the area from any and all who work in the Metro area all agencies. I am completley new and I am doing research as I want to be familliar with my new state and its possabilites.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Don't be a **** about it. He was providing some input.

The city of Denver has Denver FD, I wont get into them I don't know a whole lot but I know they have some odd SOPs. The ALS ambulance provider is through the Denver Health Paramedics Division. They are in the process of switching over to running all P/P trucks, they pretty much already do but there are a few EMTs who are still in medic school. I would LOVE to work for them, I have heard nothing but good things from their employees.

Boulder County was Pridemark until Rural/Metro bought them out. AMR is all over the Front Range, mostly if not all IFTs.

Two HEMS providers are AirLife Denver and Flight for Life, primarily AirLife though.

You have Action Care Ambulance who isn't a huge and I don't know much about them. I'm pretty sure Littleton FD still does their own transports.

From what I know about R/M in Aurora is that even if you are a medic on a 911 truck. AFD medics have the final say, your pretty much an ALS tech, not really in charge of much, some like it, I personally would go nuts but thats just me.

Like at said at the beginning, if you want to continue getting people's help and input, don't be a ****, also, you didn't state it in the original post, it was the last post in the thread.

/soapbox

OP
OP
M

medic01

Forum Probie
Don't be a **** about it. He was providing some input.

The city of Denver has Denver FD, I wont get into them I don't know a whole lot but I know they have some odd SOPs. The ALS ambulance provider is through the Denver Health Paramedics Division. They are in the process of switching over to running all P/P trucks, they pretty much already do but there are a few EMTs who are still in medic school. I would LOVE to work for them, I have heard nothing but good things from their employees.

Boulder County was Pridemark until Rural/Metro bought them out. AMR is all over the Front Range, mostly if not all IFTs.

Two HEMS providers are AirLife Denver and Flight for Life, primarily AirLife though.

You have Action Care Ambulance who isn't a huge and I don't know much about them. I'm pretty sure Littleton FD still does their own transports.

From what I know about R/M in Aurora is that even if you are a medic on a 911 truck. AFD medics have the final say, your pretty much an ALS tech, not really in charge of much, some like it, I personally would go nuts but thats just me.

Like at said at the beginning, if you want to continue getting people's help and input, don't be a ****, also, you didn't state it in the original post, it was the last post in the thread.

/soapbox

not tring to be a **** just clarifying. when I read it, it was clearly stated but that is no big deal. Nothing for anyone to get worked up about. I appreciate the info you did provide. So as far as you know where is the best place to look. I am used to working in a rural system with volly departments. Not keen on the idea of not being able to use knowledge and skills.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Moving to Colorado and want more than anything to get on with Denver. Any suggestions out there. Have been in field over 10 years in various setting really like what I have seen with Denver Medics.

either or just gasthering information. For the city I am looking to make some contacts so I can get to know the system and maybee get an insight to the hiring process. Denver county I know there are a bunch I will be starting in Aurora with Rural metro.

when I read it, it was clearly stated

In what language?

BigBad

Forum Crew Member
Denver Metro is where you want to work. Everywhere else I have encountered ie Rural Metro, Pridemark are underpaid overworked and jaded.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What is this Denver Metro you all are talking about? If you mean innercity Denver then ya I'll agree, that's where you want to work. The Ambulance provider for the city of Denver is Denver Health's Paramedic Division. http://www.denverems.org/

The thing about R/M in Aurora is you will be able to use your skills, although an AFD FF/Medic probably isn't going to let you get a tube. You just have no say in pt care whatsoever. AFD has been trying to take over EMS transport for a long time, they just haven't been able to completely seal the deal so this is their solution for now.

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
The thing about R/M in Aurora is you will be able to use your skills, although an AFD FF/Medic probably isn't going to let you get a tube.

Let's be realistic here, AFD isn't going to intubate anyone either, they are quite happy cramming King tubes in people and calling it good.

And if by "use your skills" you mean an occasional IV and 12-lead, then yes, you will get to use those occasionally.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant

As I stated in the originall post which you apparently did not read completley. I will be working in Aurora. I am just looking for information on the area from any and all who work in the Metro area all agencies. I am completley new and I am doing research as I want to be familliar with my new state and its possabilites.

No were in your original post does it say it that you will be going to Aurora. I was asking so those in the Denver area could maybe send you in the right direction. I will say from what Ive heard of AFD, all you will be doing is transporting. You have no say in Pt. care. Also if you have a pitbull you will not be able to live in Aurora since they have a ban.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
No were in your original post does it say it that you will be going to Aurora. I was asking so those in the Denver area could maybe send you in the right direction. I will say from what Ive heard of AFD, all you will be doing is transporting. You have no say in Pt. care. Also if you have a pitbull you will not be able to live in Aurora since they have a ban.

But can you listen to pitbull, the rapper?

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
yes, but in Denver don't live next door to anyone that does. Denver swat has served a warrant on the wrong house and shot the home owner.....oops.