D50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Wow !..and you guy's thought I was controversial.... .now, you know how I feel about the rest of the remainder of EMS personal...LOL...

R/r 911

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Wow !..and you guy's thought I was controversial.... .now, you know how I feel about the rest of the remainder of EMS personal...LOL...

R/r 911

Ridryder, I've come to the conclusion that we will have to agree to disagree sometimes with you bud! Atleast you can make a good arguement! You are not that bad. WHEW! That took alot comming from me, I just hope you know! LOL

jeepmedic

Forum Captain

R/r 911

Maybe you should run for president?:)

Peanut

Forum Ride Along
Good day gentlemen.....

That is the truth...and we have a few here who are unfortunately not very competent. Example, someone gave Ativan IM with a BLUNT cannula. This was done without consulting med control, and the only Ativan we have on orders is IV for adult SZ...and this person is bragging about giving it IM with the blunt cannula. As in a plastic blunt cannula at that!!!!<_<

Dear Mr Lundis,

I am writing to let you know that you have posted inaccurate information in the afore described events. You are guilty of slander and liable as well as smearing my charactor in a public forum. I will give you until Jan. 5th to post a public appology AND a written apology to me with a copy to our Director. Please be sure to state that you did not have first hand knowledge of the events and it was your intention to ridicule me and alienate me within the service in which we work. If you do not comply you can speak with my lawyer and we will start proceedings right away.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Actually to dispel slander, one has to prove that your repetition has been professionally slandered by means of either change in income status, professional status (such as discharge from employer) patients or other peers have change in professional status, and this was can be directly proven by their statement alone.

If the person wrongfully posted should then definitely clarify their statement if it was wrong. The person did not state name or even service(s) name or location.

Now, I am wondering if you did perform such the procedure(s) as was discussed, do you really want this to brought up in more detail. If the so-called events really did occur as described, potential liability, potential gross negligence could have occurred. I myself, would not want to open those can of worms. Definitely, this could be more drastic than one's reputation. Then one would not have to worry about such afterwards.

Again, the only the truth should be discussed or at least fictional scenario.

R/r 911

Peanut

Forum Ride Along
Actually to dispel slander, one has to prove that your repetition has been professionally slandered by means of either change in income status, professional status (such as discharge from employer) patients or other peers have change in professional status, and this was can be directly proven by their statement alone.

If the person wrongfully posted should then definitely clarify their statement if it was wrong. The person did not state name or even service(s) name or location.

Now, I am wondering if you did perform such the procedure(s) as was discussed, do you really want this to brought up in more detail. If the so-called events really did occur as described, potential liability, potential gross negligence could have occurred. I myself, would not want to open those can of worms. Definitely, this could be more drastic than one's reputation. Then one would not have to worry about such afterwards.

R/r 911

I cannot discuss anything other that what I have written my lawyer will take care of what needs to be taken care of. My lawyer must think there is enough here to do something with or would not have taken the case. I have stated all Mr Lundis needs to do.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
How did he slander you? No one here knows you or him for that matter. I would have never given it a second thought if you had not brought it up. Can I say it PLEASE.

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Things I Like And Hate

I like ems and emtlife.com

I hate lawyers and I hate peanuts and i hate guys with peanut sized brains and I hate guys with peanut sized gonads

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Things I Like And Hate

I like ems and emtlife.com

I hate lawyers and I hate peanuts and i hate guys with peanut sized brains and I hate guys with peanut sized gonads

I still don't have a clue who any of you are. So how is it slander?

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I am writing to let you know that you have posted inaccurate information in the afore described events. You are guilty of slander and liable as well as smearing my charactor in a public forum. I will give you until Jan. 5th to post a public appology AND a written apology to me with a copy to our Director. Please be sure to state that you did not have first hand knowledge of the events and it was your intention to ridicule me and alienate me within the service in which we work. If you do not comply you can speak with my lawyer and we will start proceedings right away.

I will state that some of the information given to me was given to me by someone else, who was closely involved in said incident. I however never named this individual, or stated where they work. I am not interested in naming names or throwing mud, just in making sure that people can learn from other's mistakes. Since it appears I have offended this individual I will apologize for offending you, and not discuss this incident any further. As to the other requests you have made, we can discuss those personally and privately, as it was never my intention to bring your name into this in the first place.

Hopefully this will resolve this issue and I certainly have learned that from now on I will change the entire situation before I even remotely consider discussing it with the group. It's a shame that this has come to this, however I am in no mood to deal with the whole lawyer thing, as the only lawyer I like to speak with is my cousin who happens to be an assistant US attorney.

Furthermore, I don't see how I slandered you as I never named you or the service in this incident.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

R/r 911
Rid... You said it.

I'll expand a little further - As it was prestented, it was an anoymous tale of unknown truth. Further, the incident was used as an example to illistrate the incompitance of a medical provider. No names were used. FFEMT1764 dosen't advertise which EMS orginization(s) he is associated with. Further... he didn't say WHEN this had happened or name any involved party.

How do you even know he was talking about you, Peanut??? Perhaps you are a little paranoid?

Now that you've brought it up, I'd ALMOST be intrested in knowing "what really happened."

I say ALMOST, because that would turn into an intresting discussion, and someone would start personal attacks, and then the thread would be locked.

Whatever.

Jon

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
I cannot discuss anything other that what I have written my lawyer will take care of what needs to be taken care of. My lawyer must think there is enough here to do something with or would not have taken the case. I have stated all Mr Lundis needs to do.

I think the amount of frivolous lawsuits that California is famous for is proof that if a lawyer takes a case, it doesn't automatically mean he (and the client) isn't full of :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Very interesting read.

I wish I was in Mr.Lundis shoes cause I would say bring it on and go :censored::censored::censored::censored: yourself.

First, this is total BS and quite the frivilous lawsuit. He never named names, service worked for or even a remote goegraphical location. Even after all he said, I still have no idea of who, what, when or where as none of this was provided or hinted at. You are way off base as you just published his name on a public forum. You revealed more information to us about him than he did about you. What a freaking moron. Obviously by the way you are reacting, it seems to me like there is way more to this story than we will ever know.

For the record, if you have money and look enough, any lawyer will take a case. And yes, some will do it with no fee up front but when you lose, look out, time to pay the piper.

However, and unfortunately, your case will probably play out like this: your lawyer and you sue the service. They get a lawyer and realize it will be cheaper and faster to give the little whiney *** employee (you in this case), a settlement and close the case instead of battling it out in court which can take months to years depending on the backlog. The settlement is usually chump change, 10K or less, you feel vindicated and go on your way to screw someone else over in the future and the service takes a hit and cuts back on salaries or doesnt make an equipment purchase or provide some educational opportunity quarter. Unless of course its a larger service or goverment organization.

Either way, you are a douche bag, especially to be here battling it out on a website. What a farking joke!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
or.... the attorney will take your money and then tell you "there really is no sufficient grounds to really pursue this matter." We will go to court if you want, but I want an up front retainer fee, if we pursue this course.

I agree, now it since they have named the other person they in fact might have grounds to sue or counter sue.

R/r 911

toetag

Forum Ride Along
Enough already.

I have been viewing this forum from afar for quite some time and never felt compelled to join or write. Now I have. This forum has interesting useful information and some BS on it. This is thread BS but it also contains some very important points:

FFEMT1764-
Why did you feel compelled to pass on a third or fourth or hand information that could be so easily traced to the paramedic you were writing about, damaging his reputation? You seem to have another agenda here and it is not to further the profession or help your fellow paramedics; more importantly the people you are supposed to serve. You failed to do the one thing each and every one of us must do in our PROFESSION every time, get the facts straight. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the force and skill/luck it would require to force in a PLASTIC blunt, let alone the resulting trauma, the story isn’t even plausible. You are obviously trying to make yourself look better at the expense of others … it is having the opposite effect. I’m sure that others that you work with have similar (probably worse) stories about you. Would you like to have them put this on a public forum where paramedics around the US and the world can see it? You not only owe the person you were talking about an apology, you also owe readers of this forum and the profession an apology for your unprofessional conduct.

Peanut-
While I understand your frustration on having this on this forum, I believe that threatening litigation does not serve your cause well at all. Each and every one of us has to worry about litigation from outside each time we respond to a call, we do not need it coming from within. This also is not very professional. I’m sure that you and your coworkers know what kind of a paramedic you are, responding to this person this way isn’t productive. You two obviously work with each other so it would be best to resolve it in person. Get over it, learn from it and get on with it, we need all of good paramedics we can get, I sincerely hope you will be one of them.

All-
Each and every one of us has had to work hard to get where we are and we must stick together, there are too many threats from the outside without much reward. We all have made mistakes, some humorous and uneventful, some fatal. In my military career and in my years as a paramedic here in Utah, I have never seen a one TRUE paramedic put down or make fun of another’s mistake. We find the insight and humor of our own mistakes, and each of us answers to the higher ups, it is not for a forum like this. I’m glad that FFEMT1764 isn’t on my team, each and every one of them are professionals who I’m proud to work with.

I will state that some of the information given to me was given to me by someone else, who was closely involved in said incident. I however never named this individual, or stated where they work. I am not interested in naming names or throwing mud, just in making sure that people can learn from other's mistakes. Since it appears I have offended this individual I will apologize for offending you, and not discuss this incident any further. As to the other requests you have made, we can discuss those personally and privately, as it was never my intention to bring your name into this in the first place.

Hopefully this will resolve this issue and I certainly have learned that from now on I will change the entire situation before I even remotely consider discussing it with the group. It's a shame that this has come to this, however I am in no mood to deal with the whole lawyer thing, as the only lawyer I like to speak with is my cousin who happens to be an assistant US attorney.

Furthermore, I don't see how I slandered you as I never named you or the service in this incident.

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Very interesting read.

I wish I was in Mr.Lundis shoes cause I would say bring it on and go :censored::censored::censored::censored: yourself.

First, this is total BS and quite the frivilous lawsuit. He never named names, service worked for or even a remote goegraphical location. Even after all he said, I still have no idea of who, what, when or where as none of this was provided or hinted at. You are way off base as you just published his name on a public forum. You revealed more information to us about him than he did about you. What a freaking moron. Obviously by the way you are reacting, it seems to me like there is way more to this story than we will ever know.

For the record, if you have money and look enough, any lawyer will take a case. And yes, some will do it with no fee up front but when you lose, look out, time to pay the piper.

However, and unfortunately, your case will probably play out like this: your lawyer and you sue the service. They get a lawyer and realize it will be cheaper and faster to give the little whiney *** employee (you in this case), a settlement and close the case instead of battling it out in court which can take months to years depending on the backlog. The settlement is usually chump change, 10K or less, you feel vindicated and go on your way to screw someone else over in the future and the service takes a hit and cuts back on salaries or doesnt make an equipment purchase or provide some educational opportunity quarter. Unless of course its a larger service or goverment organization.

Either way, you are a douche bag, especially to be here battling it out on a website. What a farking joke!

couldn't agree more

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
This topic really turned interesting! But I think it's time for Chimpie to lock it down. While 1st responders, EMTs, paramedics, nurses and doctors will always have clashes about proper treatment, some idle threat from some unknown moroon can really ruin a site. Perhaps the individual should be lock out of the entire site too as their particpation in this site is purely self motivated, harassing , and counter productive to a good (heated at times) conversation.

2 posts and already pain - Bye Peanut and don't rush back. :censored: :wacko:

trauma1534

Forum Captain
What Paramedics do across the globe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.